Chapter 27

Y/n's pov

I finished my interviews at around 4pm as they ran over time. I quickly got packed up and ordered an Uber to the gym. The roads were clear so I got there pretty quickly.

I signed in and walked into the gym. The team were mid game while Coach played with the dogs in the corner. I sat in the bleachers and watched them play. Iwa did a good spike and I cheered. The team continued playing until they paused and noticed my presence.
"How long have you been there?" Oikawa asked.
"Like 5 minutes" I smiled.
"Hey" Aone ran up to me and pulled me into a tight hug "how was work?" He asked.
"Kinda tiring, I didn't think I'd take as long as it did to be honest" I smiled.
"Do you still want to get lunch?" He asked.
"No, Erin got me chocolate so I'm good, plus I told my aunt that we're coming over and she's cooking a lot of food, we must try everything or she'll be upset" I said.
"Then when should we leave?" He asked.
"She said we should come at 5 so we should be there at around 6:30" I said "I want to bring something for them too"
"I bought her flowers and a gift basket for the house, does Jay have any siblings?"
"Yeah, a 3 year old, 8 year old, and two 16 year olds" I said.
"Damn" he said.
"Yes I know, his parents are really in love, plus they had him young" I shrugged.
"Should we pick up some toys then?" He asked.
"Yeah and jewellery for the teenagers" I said "when do you get off?"
"Can I go now?" Aone asked Coach.
"No, I want to keep the dogs longer" she said.
"We have plans" he said.
"Only if you bring them back tomorrow" she said.
"I will" he said "Y/n is working again anyway"
"Fine you can go home, all of you" she stood up "have a good day guys"
"Thank you" the team smiled. They walked over and hugged me "so how is the firm going?" Kenji asked.
"Pretty good" I smiled. Aone wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on mine as I spoke.

Bear started jumping up on me so I picked him up.
"Hiii baby" I smothered him with kisses "I'm happy to see you too" I smiled and felt Muffin rubbed against my legs "hello my love" I bent over to pet her. I felt Aone hold onto my waist as my ass was close to his crotch. I quickly straightened up out of embarrassment and the team looked back at me unfazed.
"Y/n, let's be honest" Oikawa said "we were expecting him to hump you or something, that was nothing" I stood in silence for a second.
"Well this is my queue to leave" I picked up the dogs' leashes "have an amazing day guys" I smiled and they laughed.
"Bye Y/n" they smiled as we left the gym. Aone went to grab his stuff from the locker room while I headed outside with the dogs.

I stopped by his car waiting for him until he finally walked out of the building. He seemed to be rushed and I looked for what he was trying to escape from. Two girls emerged from the doors a few moments after him and began following him.
"You ok?" I asked as he got closer. He quickly pulled me into a kiss.
"Hey babe!" He said loudly.
"Hi" I smiled. The girls ended up walking over.
"Are you guys married?" One of the girls asked and I nodded "oh-"
"Well you need to get him to wear a ring, him not wearing one is very misleading and-"
"No" I interrupted the second girl that seemed genuinely offended "it's a gym, he's not going to wear his ring while working out for hours straight, plus he comes here to work not to search for love so mind your business" I said.

We held a silent moment of eye contact.
"What?" I asked.
"Do you know who you're talking to?" She asked.
"No but I bet you're going to tell me" I sighed. Aone opened the car for the dogs and took my stuff.
"I'm the manager here, I can ban you from coming here" she said.
"Then it's a good thing I barely work out let alone here" I shrugged.
"Then I'll ban him" she panicked.
"Sure, then his team will move to a different gym" I said "Coach, I found a nice gym like 5 minutes from here" I noticed her walking over.
"Send me the link" she said "what's going on?"
"The manager here is getting fussy with me about Taka wearing his wedding ring while working out" I said "she is threatening to ban him if he doesn't"
"You have absolutely no power over the team working out here" Coach said "you know that right?"
"W-well-"
"Plus there's no reason for you to harass Aone over his relationship status, if he rejected you just move on with your life, stop being so desperate" she rolled her eyes "Y/n you get home safely"
"Thank you" we hugged tightly.