Chapter 29

Hours passed and everything was going well. I would lose Aone then find him doing something with a random group. I had already seen him helping my aunts with food prep. Dad let him make a few burgers for the children on the grill. He sat down and spoke to Gramps about their mutual interests. He listened to Grams talk about us all growing up, he seemed even more interested when she pulled out the baby pictures. 

We all sat outside as the adults tried to convince the children and teenagers to dance.
"Who has cash?" Grams asked. I watched Aone pull out all of the cash he had in his wallet.
"£20 for participation and £100 for the winner" he laid out the money.
"I mean I need money" Briana stood up. The others followed after. The music was turned up and the competition began. It didn't help that most of us were into some kind of dance related sport so it became very competitive. Briana ended up winning and happily took the money.

The next song was candy and the uncles and Gramps rushed to dance. We all laughed and cheered them on before it started. Aone joined them as he loved the song and everyone cheered him on. He got the dance perfectly and nailed the slap and kick. The song ended and everyone laughed.
"What you know about Cameo?" Gramps asked Aone with a smile. They quickly started talking about the band.
"This is going way better than I thought" Tyrell whispered to me.
"Righttt" I smiled.

I noticed the dogs weren't next to me anymore and stood up to go look for them.
"Bear? Muffin?" I called out and there was no response. I noticed the front door was opened and rushed over to it "Bear? Muffin?" I looked around the cars and found them laying down in mine "wow do you really want to go home now?" I asked. They quickly got of their feet and ran towards the front door "I'll take that as a no" I laughed.

"Hey you!" A voice yelled. I turned around and a couple stomped over to me. The woman looked fearful while the man dripped in fury.
"How dare you!" He yelled at me.
"Sir what is the problem?" I asked confused.
"You people have been blasting your devil music for hours now and you're stressing out my family!"
"Oh sorry I can go turn it-"
"And you're stinking up the neighbourhood with your shitty meat smell! My family are vegans and the smell of meat appalls us!"
"There's not much I can go about that sir" I grew more irritated and it was apparent from my facial expressions.
"You're disrespecting our beliefs-"
"By eating meat?" I asked.
"By disregarding our feelings and having your little party anyway!"
"We invited the neighbours and a bunch of them came" I said "you were probably invited too"
"I don't want to be invited! I want you people gone!" He screamed "you and your dumb dog" he kicked Bear harshly and he slid across the parking lot.
"What the actual fuck!" I yelled as the woman next to him gasped "how could you?!" I rushed to pick up Bear. He trembled my arms "you-"

"Don't yell at me or you'll be next!" He said. I froze and stared at this stranger in shock. I felt Bear shaking against my chest "cat got your tongue n-" I slapped the man across the face.
"Who tf do you think you are?!" I asked "if you ever even think about hitting my-"
"You dumb bitch?!" The man swung at me but I dodged. Within a second a harsh wind whipped past me and tackled the man to the ground.

Aone held the man down on the ground by his throat.
"Did he just hit you?" Aone looked back at me.
"No of course not" I said "he kicked Bear" I rubbed Bear's back and he seemed to be calming down. I looked back at Aone and he was pounding the man's face with hard punches. He quickly began to bleed.
"If I see you around this house again I'll kill you" he said and shoved the man back onto the ground.

Aone stood up and turned to me.
"Are you ok?" He asked.
"Yes, inside now and wash your hands" I turned around. The adults and teenagers were watching from the door.
"Did he just call you a dumb bitch?" Gramps asked.
"He said that?!" Aone snapped back to look at me. I avoided eye contact with him and remained silent "fine then" he pulled out a gun.
"Taka!" I said "put that shit away and get into that house now" I gripped onto his wrist.
"You are so lucky" he glared at the man and followed my instruction.