S I X T E E N

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ

Ameera's POV-
It's the next day today. Yesterday after knowing my results, my parents were so happy. It's one of the best feelings when you make your parents proud and happy. They invited my friends today for dinner. So as you can tell it's a bit hectic day but Thank Allah it's an off day at university.

Aiden and Nina were excited to have Indian food. Apparently, they love how all the spices give different flavors. I remember this one time we went Indian restaurant for lunch and they both turned red after having butter chicken. Yeah, admittedly it was a bit spicy um okay maybe a lot but me and Ahmed were used to it. We both were from India so spicy food was our daily thing.

Anyways I cleaned my room and helped mum in the kitchen. Right now I was deciding what to wear for the dinner.

Ameera's outfit^

Ameera's outfit^

Finally, after 30 minutes I decided to wear this with a baby blue hijab. I'm excited to see my friend's reactions as they have never seen me in any Indian attire.

It was almost time. I was pinning up my scarf when the bell rang.

"Ameera get down here sweetheart, they are here" mum screamed for me to get downstairs fast.

"Coming mum" I screamed back.

I looked at myself one last time to make sure everything was covered and went down. While getting down I noticed Nina standing there with Aiden. But I didn't Ahmed with them. Maybe he is getting a bit late, that's okay though.

Nina came near wide eyes stunned. I grew self-conscious and asked "What? Do I look bad? Oh Allah! I should go change right? Shouldn't have worn thi-"

She cut off saying "Girl stop....you look what's the word umm Mashaa Allah yes that" "I mean is this Indian dress?" I nodded "Dang girl you look amazinggggg. Right Aiden?" She asked him to which he replied with 'absolutely'.

I smiled at them and mutter a quiet 'Thanks'. "Ahmed didn't come with you guys?" I inquired.

"He did. He had to go washroom...he will be here don't worry" Aiden said winking at me. I looked at him with wide eyes and jaw hanging.

"NO...no it's not ..like that... I just thought he was running late or something" I stuttered. They started laughing and said they were messing with me. I huffed and pouted at them saying it's not funny to which they both shrugged.

Nina looked behind me at something or someone so I turned around. There he was standing open mouth. I blushed and started giggling looking at his stunned face. I went near him "Close your mouth before flies get in there" which snapped him out of his daze.