Chapter 07.

...that was how the day passed with Muslim acting all kind and romantic..

*

"Jasmine started going for therapy today, she'll be fine insha Allah." Usman said to his wife after what felt like decades of dead silence.

"Mmhm." Nooria hummed.

"It's going to help a lot. See the doctor has gotten a solution to our daughter's problem." Usman smiled, feeling good that his wife would no longer be mad at him but oops!

"What solution? You think it's going to help huh? Let me tell you, that shit hurts a lot. I understood you just want to kill my daughter to please the already dead person that wants prayers from us and not arranging marriage that causes conflict." She retorted, she was an inch close to provoking him.

"Nooria why are you acting this harsh, I don't like you being this grumpy." He said and she shot glares at him. "Nooria don't provoke me!" Yeah she was getting on his nerves. The one person that calms his nerves was getting on them. Interesting.

"Provoke? Will you slap me if I do? When you were calling me selfish and telling me to shut the fuck up didn't you provoke me? Calling me selfish in front of my daughter and her husband. Do you know how hurt I am? And now you're asking me why I'm harsh, aren't you surpised? When you are the reason Zayn left home, did i say anything? Are you even okay?" She said with rage. She tried her best to prevent her voice from cracking as she spoke.

Then, it hit him that what he did was wrong. He had known her all his life and she wasn't selfish at all, she would put others first before herself. She was fighting for Jasmine to for he own benefit, she just wanted everything to be okay even though she didn't know how to do it.

"Nooria." He called in that soft voice that vividly reminded her of how they met. She couldn't answer because she didn't want to burst out crying.

Noticing the state she was in, he crawled to the other side of the bed where she was and hugged her from behind, his chin on her shoulder and his eyes shut. She felt tepid liquid contacting with her bare skin, she knew it was his tears so she turned to him and hugged him too.

"I'm sorry Nooria, I'll look for Zayn and bring him back if that is what you want. And about Jasmine, please let's try the therapy, if it doesn't work, I'll respect whatever you'll decide. Is that okay?" He voiced with tears gushing down his face.

"It's perfectly okay. Why the tears then? Ion like it Mahboob (beloved)." She said while a lot of memories played in her mind.

"You're also crying so I have no other option and the fact that I'm not the best husband you could have added to it. I'm sorry." Hearing him say that, she broke the hug and looked into his eyes.

"Who told you so? Enta afdal zawjin fil aalam kullih (you're the best spouse in the whole world)." She said while wiping his tears.

He smiled and said, "wa enti aidan (and you too)."

"Oh you heard that." She said and hit him gently on the shoulder with a little laugh.

"Yeah I did, I never forget each sentence you taught me." He said with a genuine smile.

She chuckled and said, "I love you so much Majnun."

He got what she was trying to remind him so he replied, "I love you too Layla."He took in the appearance of his wife. Her wet eyelashes, her red puffy eyes from all the crying she did, wet cheeks, red nose and her red plump lips. "Even when you cry, you're still beautiful."