Chapter 10.

...she didn't do anything to stop him, she felt as he did everything and pacified her like an old mother...

Much later in the evening, Muslim squinted his eyes and gently opened them. His eyes landed on Jasmine sleeping soundly on his arm. Her petite figure curled and snuggled to his body, using one of his hands as a pillow and the other was wrapped around her. He moved the tendrils of her not so long hair that were on her face to the side and tucked them behind her ears, he mentally laughed at what he just did. He noticed the ends of her hair were split so he made a mental note to get her basil essential oil and lavender oil the following day.

He looked at the table clock on the bedside drawer and his eyes widened, it was thirteen minutes after six in the evening and he didn't even pray Asr. He quickly stood from the bed, careful enough not wake Jasmine, wrapped a towel around his torso them went to take his bath and perform ablution.

"Jasmine." He said and patted her foot. "Wake up and pray." He said. She pouted and curled in to a smaller figure.

"Jasmine." He dragged her name. Seeing she wasn't willing to wake up, he went to the water dispenser and fetched cold water. With an evil smile he went and slowly started pouring in her left ear. She woke up immediately.

"What did you just do?" She yelled, trying to sit upright.

Shrugging his shoulders, he said, "check the time."

"What with the time?" She yelled again. "Oh shit, it's almost maghrib. Ya Salaam." She face palmed. Muslim left her to pray Asr while she bath and perform ablution.

When she was out of the bathroom, he wasn't in the room so she heaved a sigh. She wouldn't want to meet him after what happened earlier. Maybe she was on drugs or something.

Jasmine prayed both Asr and maghrib the went to then kitchen to prepare dinner.

"What has happened?" Muslim asked Jasmine when they were seated in the living room at night. She was typing on her phone while he was doing some stuff on his laptop. Jasmine looked at him with bewilderment.

Closing the laptop, he asked again, "why were you crying? You scared me."

Jasmine couldn't find the right words to explain to him, she didn't know how to explain even in her head.

"Jasmine?" He called when he said her attention fixed on the wall, she was fixating. She hummed in response.

"You're not okay." Muslim said.

"I am perfectly fine. Why?" She lied.

"No you're not, were you crying for fun?"

"Trust me it's fine."

"You better tell me whatever it is so I can see what we can do before things get out of hand, you're a therapy patient, any slight trauma will make things get worse."

His words made sense to her, she thought for a little while before saying, "I'm just still a little worried about this marriage and..."

"What?" Muslim interpolated. "You call that a little? Did you see how you were shaking like an old grinding machine? You're worried about Sadeeq right? If he cares, he would look for you but he didn't even attempt to, and here you are, trying to kill the both of us because of that worthless being!" He was so worried that he absentmindedly shouted at her. Jasmine was already crying.

"You don't know how I feel about Sadeeq and how confused I am." She said in a horse voice, barely audible but he heard her.

"If I ever hear you call his name again, I'll kill him." He gritted making her eyes wide. He carelessly held her wrist and dragged her to her room, she tried to free herself but she could not. He violently flung her on the floor of her room like laundry.