Chapter 24

...but the feelings he had been trying to ignore and get over came back with full force, he just drove away.

Days later.

It had been more than a week since Aisha met Sadeeq and he had been communicating so poor with her and she had no idea why.

Well, her major problem was that her love for him was just intensifying the nicer he was to her and as they got closer. She couldn't watch their friendship get limp, something needed to be done and she was more than ever ready to bring the old them back.

She pressed the doorbell again after a while in her train of thoughts.

"Coming." She heard a faint voice from the interior.

A downhearted looking Sa'eeda opened the door and Aisha resisted a laugh. "Long distance relationship wahala." She voiced and walked past Sa'eeda who rolled her eyes.

"Good evening to you too." Sa'eeda frowned at her cousin sister.

"Where are my manners? Good evening sad and lonely long distance lover." Aisha laughed lightly. Sa'eeda just hissed and was about to leave, because people take it as something funny and that irked her.

"Come on my baby girl, I'm sorry." She held her wrist. Sa'eeda turned to look at her with a blank expression.

"This look is scary you know." Aisha tried to laugh but seeing Sa'eeda's hardened face, she stifled.

"Hajiya sent me to mummy. That she'll give me a message, is she home?" She decided to let Sa'eeda be.

"No she's not. She went to the neighbourhood, for naming ceremony." Sa'eeda replied coldly as she reached for her phone on the TV stand.

She laid on the longest couch after handing the television and decoder remotes to Aisha. She scrolled through her phone then pursed her lips to a thin line. She sighed and flipped the phone to her chest, she closed her eyes.

A while later, Nooria stepped into the house. She exchanged pleasantries with Aisha ere climbing upstairs to get the incense sticks she promised Fatima.

"I want to give Jasmine too but she's travelling tomorrow, so that should be when they come back from their trip." Nooria voiced as she descended down the stairs. Aisha smiled at that. "Is Sa'eeda sleeping?" Well, that was rhetoric.

Aisha gave a positive answer before asking, "is Jasmine travelling?"

"Yes, they are travelling to Abuja tonight. I think their flight is at 10pm." Nooria explained.

"Oh," was all Aisha said, wondering what they were going to do there and why they didn't tell her. She changed to being enthusiastic about the whole thing. "Oh my God, Jasmine didn't tell me. Let me call her now." She brought out her phone and dialed Jasmine's number.

"Sister-in-law guess what." Jasmine beamed through the phone. Nooria smiled and shook her head then sauntered into the kitchen.

"What?" Aisha inquired.

"My husband and I are travelling to Abuja."

"I know that one, tell me what you guys are going to do there." She rolled her eyes.

"Enjoy ourselves obviously." Jasmine's voiced dropped.

"And it's Abuja that you want to go to? Yuck!" Aisha teased.

"We're leaving the country after I have my baby you dumbo. For few weeks."

"For the honeymoon you didn't go." Aisha simpered.

"Yeah whatever. I've been trying to reach Sa'eeda but she's not picking up." Jasmine voiced on the other end of the line.

"She's sleeping and I think her phone is on silent mode."