Chapter three

Nicolas Pov

After Tea, Joey and Tristan took Yugi's grandpa to the hospital I ran back into the building to check on Yugi who had accepted Kaiba's duel. Sure I was pissed and angry that Kaiba did such a thing  disrespecting  the one card that Yugi's grandpa held dear by tearing in half. I saw both pieces of the card laying on the floor before I picked them up and placed them into my pocket before walking through another door to find myself in a much larger room and what I saw surprised me a giant stadium and on both sides I saw Kaiba and Yugi standing on what looks like platforms. Thinking to myself what the hell is all of this.

"Well this is new." Demise said appearing next to me in sprit form of course.

"Just what you suppose this is for anyway?" Ruin asked.

"I'm just as clueless like you are." I replied. 

"Nicolas look those two are about to duel." Demise said while I stood there and watched.

Once the duel started my mouth nearly dropped. The monster's on the card became real.

"Monster's real monsters?!" I said in surprise.

"Ah Nicolas how do you like my virtual simulator it brings a new perspective to the game." Seto said

"So this is how you beat my Grandfather." Yugi said but I notice she was a bit different like she had grew a few inches and had more of a serious look on her face. Just what was going on?

"Don't worry Yugi you got this. Seto you will pay for what you did." I said looking at Seto who had a smirk on her face.

"We shall see." Seto said while she continued the duel against Yugi. The duel was pretty much one sided Kaiba was blasting away Yugi's monsters left and right.

"This is bad...real bad." Demise said.

"Don't worry I'm sure Yugi has a plan." I said

"You're not faring any better than you old man did, Yugi. Your deck is just as weak and feeble as your grandfather." Kaiba said

"My grandpa is a great man and a better duelist than you'll ever be. He entrusted me with his cards, and I can feel his heart in this deck. I doubt you have that kind of faith in your cards, Kaiba." Yugi said in which I had to agree believing in the heart of the cards and in yourself is what makes a person great.

"What?" Kaiba asked

"But I believe in my grandpa's deck. And my faith rewards me with Gaia the fierce knight with a destructive power of 2,300." Yugi said before she summoned it to the field and attacked Kaiba's monster with it.

"Way to go Yugi." I said cheering her on while Kaiba's life points went down to 1300.

"Things are starting to look up for your girlfriend master." Ruin said

"She's not girlfriend." I said with a slight blush on my face.

"Are you sure about that? I mean she's a girl and she's your friend so does that makes her your." Demise said

"Shut up." Ruin and I said at the same time.

"All right, Kaiba,  your move." Yugi said while she had her arms folded and a smile on her face.

"Hah! this'll be over sooner than you think." Kaiba said right before she played a monster I seen before.

"I call on the blue eyes white dragon." Kaiba said right before the hologram of the dragon appeared on the field.

"Huh? No way." Yugi said

"Hold on a sec I thought Kaiba tear that card in half." I said pulling out both pieces of the card that I had in my pocket.