•Chapter- 3•

Please make sure to read the Author's Note at the end of the chapter

Please make sure to read the Author's Note at the end of the chapter. It is important guys!

"Welcome home munchkins!" My dad greeted us as soon as we entered our new house which just looks like it's put together properly.

"Hieee paaa!!" I said running and giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"How was your first day!?" He asked while hugging Ritu who just collapsed beside him.

"Hectic! But it was also fun! We made a new friend Anjana! She was so sweet paa!" She said and paa laughed.

"That's nice!! You both go meet Anu and go freshen up. We will have some snacks" he said and we nodded going inside to meet my mom.

"Maa!" I said hugging her from behind and she hugged me back smiling.

"Hi, baby! How was your day!?" She asked caressing Ritu's head and we told her what all happened. Ritu specifically mentioned my canteen incident making my mother turn to me with a teasing smile.

"Someone has a crush!" She squealed loudly and my overprotective dad who heard that yelled from outside.

"What!? Who has a crush on who?!" He said and my mother bit her tongue while I and Ritu tried to do damage control.

"Not that crush paa, maa asked us to crush the garlic" Ritu said and paa calmed down.

It's not that my dad is not cool with these things given that he himself had a love marriage with my mother but he is too overprotective when it comes to us.

"Maa say it more loudly no so that the whole colony can hear you?" I said sarcastically and she twisted her lips.

"Fine! Sorry! But again who is this guy!? Show me his picture!! You are so picky when it comes to guys and you liking someone is huge to me!" She said and it's not wrong. It's true! I am very picky when it comes to guys. Maybe it comes from the various realistic relationships I have seen around me? I am picky not because of just outer beauty but because of the personality of guys too. So I never really had major crushes on anyone. Anyone notably my mother knew about and that irks her.

She always tells me not to be so picky as she also wants me to experience a love life as she did.

But from her generation to this generation there is a lot of gap in perspectives and personalities and I don't want to lose my heart to someone I'll regret giving later on.

"Maa! Today was the first day I saw him and I don't even know him properly. It was just an instant attraction as he looked handsome. I don't even know him maa! If I have a crush on anyone after Ritu it will be you who will know, cool?" I said and she pouted and gave up.

"Fine! Go take a bath and come both of you, I'll serve some snacks!" She said instantly forgetting about the previous topic something she often does and we both nodded going up.

"You upset because of us teasing?" Ritu asked and I just shook my head.

"Arey babe why would I be upset?! It's just...I mean yeah I did find him hot and nice but then practically I don't know him na. How can I start thinking about him so much when I haven't even talked to him properly for once? So it's just a small stupid thing which is irrelevant" I said and she sighed.

"Cool then! Let's go take a bath. You stink" she said and I laughed shoving her off and going to my room.

"Oh my! Room sweet room!" I sighed and went to get some shorts of mine and took a warm bath. After getting dressed up I went down to where everyone is and sat down taking a plate of samosas mom made for us.

"I think it will be sufficient no? We have one more room extra and we can just give it to her" Papa was saying it to Mom who sat down with a grumpy face. Ritu also came down at the same time and took her snacks.

"Sufficient for who? Is anyone coming here?" She asked and Papa told her excitedly.

"Yeah! Jaya Bua is planning to come here!" At that, both Ritu and I looked at each other and at our grumpy mother who is sitting there grinding her teeth. Now I got why she is like that.

My father is an awesome person and a great man who always is there to help someone in need and often faces ups and downs because of that but he has always been altruistic. A lot of people take advantage of that and my dad's cousin sister is one of them. She always exploits my father's money and kindness because my dad values family relations so much and because of that me, my mom, Ritu, and Sindhu Chachi (Ritu's mother) faced a lot of tiffs growing up. Paa is very close with his siblings and cousin siblings since he was a kid and makes sure to always take their vote in decisions and somehow Jaya Bua always influences his decisions.

He often lets her words slide but she is fucking pushy. That lady is a nightmare and one day I will kill her with my bare hands.

"But papa we are just settling in, maybe she can come when we are more settled here?" I said and he frowned.

"Beta she is missing all of you and has been crying it seems because of that so I told her that she is welcomed here whenever she wants to come. The date hasn't been booked yet but we will see" he said and went back to replying to his emails.

I looked at my mom and Ritu who are sharing the same grouchy expression as mine.

Missing us my foot! All fake fucking drama! She just doesn't have control over what I and Ritu can wear, go, or do and she wants reigns. That bi...witch!

I hope she just misses a step and falls and hits her head pretty hard so that her trip can cancel. Hell will freeze over before I will let her interfere in our lives more!

Hello lovely people!!! Here is a gist into Pari's home life! Also how relatable is her bua to you all!? So relatable to me because I have so many nosy relatives who just take advantage and I wanna smash their faces. Since I can't I just sass with them! Wbu??

And guys I wanted to discuss something with you all! First of all, thank you so much for the instant love you guys showered on the story though it's very new, and am writing after a very long time! I feel really honored!

Secondly, I noticed that there are around 450 views and only 140 votes. I understand not all wants to vote or anything but it's a little discouraging guys....so please do hit the star button when you are spending time reading it. In case you don't like the chapter and that's why you aren't voting, then please do let me know where I can improve! I would surely take notes!

Thirdly, guys do share the story with your friends, and thanks again for all the love!!!