06

Eliza

18 years old

One day later, in Los Angeles, California.

There's nothing special about me and John. We met two summers ago at a party and after what was supposed to be a one night stand, it turned real. We have been stuck to each other ever since but we have had worse fights.

Like now, this one includes the silent treatment. He drives the car tensely as I look out the window. We were heading to see his adopted sister Lyn and right before we got in the car we had a fight which included him bringing up the guy I talked to at the beach. He was looking for his lost dog. I was just trying to help.  I like Lyn but her brother could be a real asshole.

When we pull into the driveway, Iʻm about to get out of the car when he grabs my hand, "Iʻm sorry." His eyes are soft and he starts drawing patterns on my hand, "I just lost my temper. I love you so much."

I narrow my eyes, pushing his hand away, "whatever, letʻs just go in." Hopping out of the car I start to walk and I hear him slam his car door. Suddenly he grabs my arms and his lips are on mine my eyes widen and I push him away.

"Are you being serious right now?" I slap him in the face.

He grabs my hands holding them in his, "I know that I was wrong. You know you're the only one for me. And I should not have let my insecurity get in the way of that." He knew exactly what to say a lot of the time and it scared me sometimes. He was probably the reddest flag Iʻve ever seen.

I think about this for a second. About how we probably look right now. God, weʻre that couple. I laugh at the thought and he lifts an eyebrow at me, amused.

I roll my eyes and kiss him on the cheek just as someone clears their throat. Turning around I see Lyn and a girl covering her laugh, a guy next to her giving the girl a look, they looked alike. Lastly I see another guy, tall with dark hair. His arms are crossed and he has this brooding expression on his face like he did not want to leave the house.

Lyn runs up and hugs her brother, "are they treating you well? If they arenʻt iʻll kill them all, fuck the deal." He says just loud enough that only Lyn and I could hear it.

She laughs, flicking his forehead, making him glare, "iʻm doing fine."

She comes to me and hugs me tightly, "I missed you, youʻll love Yaz!" when she pulls away she links one elbow through mine and her other through Johns.

"Okay this is, Isamu Yama," she gestures to the brooding one then to the look alike, "this is Haru and Yazlin Kishimoto."

I wave at them with a smile as Lyn continues, "this is John Genovese and Eliza Moore."

Once the greetings are done we head into the house. Haru was nice, Isamu was as expected, and Yazlin told me to call her Yaz. John did not pull out his gun to shoot any of them even though he seemed to want to, so Iʻd say this was turning out to be as successful as can be.

We were gonna stay there for a week so hopefully weʻll get through this alive. John told me there was going to be a party with both families at a very fancy place to celebrate the union of the arranged marriage.

That night we had a few drinks on the beach and there's some laughter. John is less tense as his arm rests over my shoulder. He laughs at Haruʻs jokes while Isamu just sits next to him. Isamu seemed more brooding than ever. Yaz and Lyn are having a drunked conversation, trying to include me in it and I laugh when they bring up a random subject.

Sitting under the stars we feel like normal stupid Teens having fun.