¹⁶Epilogue

After bringing Qiao Jing Jing to the hotel he stayed in when at the base, Yu Tu hurried off to pull overtime. As it turned out, sure enough, something like Chief Yu personally receiving her was a short-lived blessing; busying the day away without being able to catch a glimpse of him was the norm. Nevertheless, Qiao Jing Jing wasn't disheartened by this, for she had already mentally prepared herself beforehand. After all, it was nearing the launch date of the Deities probe. They would surely be very anxious and busy at work.

She was also exhausted from rushing to finish filming the drama in the past few days, so she first took this time to rest and let her hair down, and happily began her vacation.

The base, incidentally, was a great place for a vacation. The air was fresh, the scenery was spectacular, and meals and board were even covered as well. Moreover, she could freely move about without needing to wear a mask or suchlike when she stepped out. Although it was inevitable that people would do a couple of double-takes on the first day, everyone quickly got used to it.

Qiao Jing Jing first explored the permissible areas in the base alone, then started calling for company in the chat group for the family members, inviting everyone to check out the town outside the base together.

The chat group instantly grew active. After all, this work visit wasn't meant to be a sightseeing tour. The base hadn't organised many activities, so it was unavoidable that they would grow bored as their loved ones were busy at work. But once Qiao Jing Jing came, the atmosphere immediately changed. Everyone suddenly had a tour group leader!

Soon, Chief Yu began receiving various types of feedback from his colleagues amid his hectic schedule.

Some were thankful, such as Academician Xiao.

"Your wife's wonderful; ever since she came, my Professor Zhao no longer complains of boredom. She's out there having fun every day, only that she insists on showing me the photos right as soon as I get home at night. Little Yu, I actually have some thoughts about these photos, could you pass the message on to Little Qiao? For example, is it really necessary to help Professor Zhao take ten photos of the same place? My eyesight is going bad in my old age, I really can't tell which one looks best."

Naturally, there were also complaints.

"My wife used to stew tonic soup for me in the rice cooker when I get back, but once your wife came, I only have supper brought back from outside. There were even a few times when they got back later than I did."

Yu Tu conveyed everyone's complaints to Qiao Jing Jing, but Qiao Jing Jing also had her whole grand reasoning for this. "We have fun playing so that you can work without worries. Otherwise, you'll feel guilty that you don't have time to accompany us, wouldn't that be so stressful?"

With such an understanding wife, was there anything Yu Tu could say? He, of course, relayed his wife's reasoning to his colleagues, and generously told them there was no need for thanks.

Colleagues: ...It does appear to make sense, but something still feels off?

However, after a few days of fun, Qiao Jing Jing was a little worried about Xiao Hu and his wife. A certain night before she slept, she asked Yu Tu, "Xiao Li seems constantly unhappy. What happened between her and Xiao Hu?"

Yu Tu said concisely, "Xiao Li fell sick and was hospitalised a while ago, but Xiao Hu was too busy."

Qiao Jing Jing understood without him having to explain further.

"Then, should I do a little something?" Qiao Jing Jing wasn't quite certain as well, feeling that it wouldn't be quite appropriate no matter what she said or did.