Chapter 22: Injury

"Eris

"Eris." Collin looked at me in surprise as he opened the door. "Back so soon, but late at the same time?" He laughed and looked at his watch.

I wrote to his secretary and she told me that Collin works until eight in the evening. So I arrived just before eight. The last time we saw each other he told me to come anytime, so here I am.

"What can I say, you've impressed me." I smiled.

"Come in." He laughed and stepped back so I could enter. "Tea? Coffee?"

"Water will do." I answered him as I took my seat. Soon he came with a glass of water and placed it on the table in front of the house. "Thank you."

"Of course." He sat across from me. "How are you doing?"

"Good. I've been quite relaxed since our last session." I took a sip of water.

"I am glad." He smiled. "I would like to talk to you today about what happened to you a few days ago. At Killian's place." He elaborated.

"Oh, that." I cleared my throat. "What do you want to know?" I timidly asked.

I thought we would not return to this topic. We talked about it in our first session. I mean, we started, but we ran out of time. He had another client.

"First I'd like to know what happened. How you felt. Anything you can think of."

"I was just upset." I started playing again with the bandana on my wrist. "It was like a wave of emotions, but after a while it passed."

"Do you remember how you felt?"

"I remember not being able to breathe properly. I was trying to keep my eyes open even though my body didn't want me to." I tried to think about what happened that day. "When Killian was talking to me, sometimes I couldn't really hear him."

"Did you feel anxious? Like someone was squeezing your heart?" I nodded. "Did any parts of your body shake?"

"My hand, but that's normal, isn't it? It happens to everyone."

"Eris, I know you don't want to hear this, but..." he breathed heavily "what you experienced was a panic attack."

"I was just upset." I repeated it about the hundredth time in the last few days.

"What you listed are signs of a panic attack. It's perfectly normal in your situation. You've been through a lot, and this is just everything you've been avoiding over the years. It could be caused by things you've been through before, and it could be longer or shorter. Symptoms may go away in a few weeks, months, or longer. It depends on many things."

"It wasn't a panic attack." I said quietly.

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself?"

"I don't know why I'm here if you don't listen to me." I stood up and started walking towards the door. I heard Collin's voice yelling at me, but I didn't care.