Prologue

History was repeating itself

History was repeating itself. Once again the groom was replaced at the last moment, but this time he wasn't kidnapped. Fate had him back out itself.

Unlike before, this marriage wasn't out of love, but an inconvenience.

While Saqib's heart beats for Arzoo. Her heart was shattered into pieces.

'I am...... sorry, Arzoo." His voice repeated in her mind as tears cherished her cheeks.

Arzoo's gaze went from her parents to her grandparents, to her relatives. Searching for one person, who knew what she was feeling right now.

She raised her eyes to his, slow and unwilling to find his gaze was already fixed on hers. Only to find him seated on the groom's seat.

"Do you Saqib Hamza Khan son of Hamza Rizwan Khan take Arzoo Ayaan Khan as your wife?" The Qazi asked, his eyes settled on the groom.

"Why him though?"

"Kyuki Agar Mera Baad Tumhe Koi Bepanah Mohabbat Karta Hai, Toh Woh Hai Saqib." Imran said with a smile.

"Mujhe Kisi Aur Ki Biwi Ki Jagah Tumhare Bewa Bankar Zindagi Bhar Rehna Manzoor Hain." Arzoo exclaims while tears continue streaming down her eyes.

"Par Mujhe Yeh Manzoor Nahi, Arzoo." Imran said a bit angrily. "Unlike other men, you read in novels, I want you happy, your whole life instead of grieving my absence."

"Qubool Hai." Saqib says loudly, emphasizing each word as if telling Arzoo that he was there for her like always. But this time not as her best friend, but as a husband.

A single tear slid down her eyes, which had his chest tighten.

With that, she was now, Arzoo Saqib Khan. She got married to her best friend instead of her first lover, Imran.

Zoya nearly loses her posture, but Ayaan's hand found her waist to secure her balance.

Tears blurred her vision. As she utters, "Ayaan, Humne Koi Zyadti toh nahi ki na, Arzoo Ke Saath?"

For once Ayaan felt at a loss for words.

In what felt like forever Ayaan whispers, "I don't know. Bus Yahi Dua Hai Ki Hamara Faisla Inke Haq Mein Ho."

***

Arzoo Ayaan Khan instantly fell for Imran Bakhtiyar Sheikh after spending some days with him. His vibes matched hers. They were enjoying their time together, ready to give their relationship a name. Everything was going smoothly. They got engaged and their marriage was in the next month.

But fate interferes and their plans are ruined. All went downhill when Imran dies and not before passing her hands to Saqib.

 All went downhill when Imran dies and not before passing her hands to Saqib

AUTHOR'S NOTE:-

Hope you like the prologue!!!

17.07.2022.