CHAPTER 17 - we know

a/n - please vote and comment :))

i lay on the couch, turning on the tv. going to disney plus, i tap on 'wandavision' to watch for the third time. a quarter way through the 4th episode, olivia comes and sits on the other side of the couch, watching too. i watch as mom goes upstairs, cup of coffee in hand. hearing her door close, olivia and i continue watching in silence. i pick up the remote and pausing the show. "olivia isabel rodrigo," i call her full name, looking at her, "what's wrong?" i ask, standing up. "nothing's wrong, y/n," olivia repeats as i sit next to her. "something's wrong, i know you." i say, looking at her. she avoids eye contact, staring at the tv. "come on, liv," i lean my head back on the couch, olivia sighing. she looks back at the stairs, then at me.

her eyes were slightly puffy, having a red tint to eyelids. "livie..." i exhale, cupping her cheeks. i switch between her brown eyes. she looks down, her eyes now getting watery. "liv, don't cry," i say softly, rubbing her cheek. she softly shakes her head, a tear falling down. then another.

i quickly wipe her tears with my thumbs, kneeling on the floor opposite liv between her knees. "have you been hooking up with other girls?" she asks, putting her hands over mine as she holds it tightly as if her life depended on it. "what?" "what's happening?" steven says, coming down the stairs as he looks at me. i look at olivia, who lets go of my hands. "nothing's happening," i say, standing up as steven walks to the kitchen. olivia stands up too, and i guide her back upstairs.

she lays on her bed, and i sit next to her. "why would you say that?" i ask, picking up where we left off. "cara... she came up to josh and i before." olivia says, and i take her hands in mine, "she said that you were talking to ten other girls... and that you're basically a player," she continues, "she said every time you've been going somewhere by yourself, you hook up with someone, and that if i thought i was the only one i fell for your tricks and no one knows who you really are," liv says, another tear falling down her face as she speaks faster. "liv... it's not true," i say, shaking my head, "you're the only one."

olivia was now sitting opposite me, playing with the rings on one hand. "again liv, i'm really sorry," i apologize for the thousandth time this hour. olivia chuckles, shaking her head. "you should've seen how emo i was." "is that why you were so distant with me?" olivia looks at me, not answering, "livie! you should've told me," i say, frowning as she laughs. "it's fine, it's fine!" she says, squeezing my hands with a smile. "wanna have a picnic on the beach?" i ask, smiling. 

olivia and i sit on the white sheet, liv wearing a black bikini with black sunglasses and denim shorts. i take out the strawberries in a container, placing it in the middle of us. "care to take photos?" olivia asks as she holds out her phone. i smile, taking her phone and going to camera. 

__________________________

⚪️oliviarodrigo

liked by joshuatbassett, steven

liked by joshuatbassett, steven.rodrigo and 399 others

oliviarodrigo   best place on earth

view all 128 comments

gracieabrams   ABS OH MY GOOD GOD

oliviarodrigo : gracieabrams   HAVE U SEEN YOURS

joshuatbassett   omg those strawberries look so good

oliviarodrigo : joshuatbassett   y/n picks the best :))

y/nfisher   dont stare dont stare dont stare dont stare

oliviarodrigo : y/nfisher   very inappropriate miss fisher🙁

1 hour ago

__________________________ 

"y/n! remember that one time when we were like 13, and you convinced me that you were possessed?!" olivia says, both of us bursting out laughing. "no! i just said there was a ghost! we were watching spooky movies and i was like 'liv what if i was a ghost?' and you were like 'y/n don't do this right now i'm freaked out'," i recall the memory as we keep laughing. "i was terrified!" liv exclaims, holding her stomach. "but i was like 'it's okay! don't worry', and then i would do my little voice and then revert back to who i was, and you were convinced! and then i remember you were like in the closet getting pyjamas or whatever and i brought a hairbrush and the look of fear on your face it was like ahhh!" i yell, holding my hands up as olivia continues laughing. "i have never been more terrified in my life!" liv says, audibly sighing. "i could just scream next to you and you'll be like terrified!" "i'm very easily spooked, have i ever convinced you of something like have i ever like fooled you?" olivia asks. "you have fooled me, not for anything scary but like... i don't know, i feel like you've just lied to me about unimportant things though!" we both start laughing, unable to control ourselves.

olivia and i talk beside the pool as the moms grill meat for the barbeque after a few hours of coming back from the picnic. i sit on the edge of the pool, dipping my feet in. olivia follows, laying her head on my shoulder. steven was talking to the moms, jeremiah nowhere to be seen. 

i smile as gracie picks up the face-time, and i wave. "gracie!" liv exclaims high pitched. "my favorite lesbians!" gracie exclaims as well, laughing. just in case, olivia turns down the volume. "how was the picnic?" gracie asks. i look over at olivia as she answers. "it was really beautiful, to be honest," liv answers, smiling as she looks at me. 

we both turn around as mom yells. "guys, dinner!" we turn back to olivia's phone. "we have to go eat dinner now, gracie!" olivia says. "okay, have fun!" olivia hangs up, and i stand up, shaking my legs to try and get rid of the water. i pull olivia up by the hand, letting go and walking over to a spare towel. i dry my legs, handing the towel to olivia, who dries her legs. "where's jeremiah?" sofia asks as she looks at the grilll, placing meat on a plate. i turn around as someone pulls my shoulder in their direction. "hey," jeremiah says, low voiced. "jeremiah, where were you?" liv asks. "y/n, we need to talk, alright?" he says, ignoring olivia as he keeps his eyes on me, "it's important. it's about mom." 

i swallow the lump in my throat. "i found something out," jeremiah finishes. "um... yeah..." i manage to say, "we'll talk about this later, okay?" i say, trying to void this conversation right now. "no, it's important!" "it's okay," i say, putting a hand lightly on his chest. he looks at my hand and i slide it off, his mouth agape. his eyes were darkened, water glistening from the sun in them. "you already know, don't you? you've known this whole fucking time and didn't tell me?!" he starts to yell, clenching his fists. "jere..." i mutter. his hands quickly go to my shoulders, pushing me back a little as i stumble. my foot clips the edge of the pool, but i quickly regain myself, standing upright as i move away from the pool. he comes forward again, and i shake my head. "stop it, jeremiah!" i yell, olivia trying to stop this too as she comes forward between us. he pushes her out of the way, making her stumble backwards. "stop it!" i yell, pushing him away from me. "both of you stop it!" mom yells as she runs up to us. we both look at her, stopping, "what is going on?!" she says, angry look plastered on her face. "mom..." jeremiah starts, unable to finish what he says. "we know, mom," i say, "we both know."