CHAPTER 19 - when you're ready i'll be ready too

a/n - please vote

olivia and i sit on the sand at the beach, watching the sun set. "i still can't believe she said yes," i say, smiling at olivia. she smiles back, nodding. "you did it, you changed her mind." "oh, it wasn't me. it was jere. he did it." "you both did it,"  liv settles it, looking back at the ocean. 

we stare at the ocean for a few minutes, before i look back at olivia. "do you know why i quit volleyball, liv?" i say, sighing. "i don't," liv confirms. "it was because of my dad," i start to open up, needing to get it off my chest, "my dad didn't care about me, liv. i mean, not more than how much a dad should care about you. he only cared about my success in volleyball. i don't know, it just put a lot of pressure on myself," i say. "yeah, it would've," liv replies. "it got bad, liv. the pressure got to me, i performed bad on the court, i performed bad in school. i really hate him, livie," i say, sighing, "he cheated on my mom 3 years ago, while she was in treatment for her cancer." "wait, seriously?" liv says, looking at me. "i wish i was joking. he would always sleep in the guest bedroom, moving all his stuff out of the house. i was a kid, but i wasn't clueless." 

"you've had so much pressure on you, y/n. i feel so bad." liv says, frowning slightly. "you've been going through all this alone, i wish you told me so you didn't have to," liv says, smiling. "i wanted to, i almost did a few times." "yeah..." liv says, starting to stand up, "we should go in." i stand up too, and we stand opposite each other. "there's so many things i wanna say to you right now," i say, smiling. "maybe... not right now." liv says, looking around. "why?" "'cause you really, really need somebody right now and... i don't wanna be the kind of person who takes advantage of that," liv says, shrugging. "i don't just need somebody," i admit, "i need you, olivia." "i don't want you to need me," olivia says, shaking her head, "i want you to want me." we stare at each other for a few seconds, my eyes going to olivia's lips. "i do want you... and if you don't wanna do all this," i say, pointing my fingers to her then me back and forth, "then we don't have to. but when you're ready i'll be, ready too. i have all the time in the world to wait for you." i say, a hundred percent certain. 

olivia smiles with her lips, wrapping her arms loosely around my neck. "good thing you don't have to wait, y/n." and with that, i lean into olivia, connecting our lips.

LAST DAY OF SUMMER BREAK , 1:32pm

i sit on the side of the bed with mom, and she softly holds my hand. olivia and i decided to tell everyone about our relationship a month ago at the dining table after bringing everyone down. mom and sofia squealed, they claimed that both of them knew it was coming anyways. steven and jeremiah seemed happy for us, but slightly weirded out. i guess it was just something that they had to get used to. 

she massages my hand, giving me a soft smile. "i'm so glad you and olivia are together," she starts off with a relieved sigh. i smile a little, nodding. "you always had a soft spot for her. something you didn't have for steven or your brother," mom continues. "you have to admit she got a lot prettier this summer, don't you think?" mom asks, squeezing my hand for me to answer. "she was always pretty," i respond, mom chuckling. "i know, but this year there was something different about the way she looks," she says, leaning her head on my shoulder, "but i know my time's up soon-" "don't say that, mom. the treatment's gonna work," i say, a wave of sadness washing over me. "if it doesn't... i need you to look after her," mom says, squeezing my hand once more, "not just because you're the oldest. i want you guys to be happy, i need you guys to take care of each other, steven and jeremiah as well." never in my life have i thought that mom would be giving this talk in this circumstance.

_________________________

⚪️oliviarodrigo

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 || 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 🎉