Three

"Hey Zed, did you hear? Addie's being tested for captain, and she gets to run cheer practice tomorrow." Bree stated as we walked over to the group.

"It's not a big deal. Okay, it's huge." Addison exclaimed, obviously excited.

"This is your chance, Addi. We all believe in you." Waverly stated, reassuring her friend with a smile.

"A huge chance to fail!" Lacey called over to the group. Waverly went to take a step towards her, only for her brother to grab her by the shirt.

"If Addie aces this practice, oh my gosh, she's so going to be cheer captain once Bucky wins. He's so gonna win, because you know, elections, they're just like these big old popularity contests. And Bucky is super popular. So... what?" The entire time Bree spoke, Waverly and Addison shook their heads desperately at the girl.

"Thanks, Bree." Zed stated, his feelings obviously hurt.

"I know it's weird I'll only be cheer captain if Bucky's president, but..."

"No, that just means neither of us can lose, because one of us is going to get what we want. And I can live with that." Zed stated, trying to reassure his girl.

"Me too. You'll do great, Zed." Addison stated before walking away with Bree and Willis.

"C'mon, my zombie friends. Let's strategize this election." Waverly stated, dragging Zed and Eliza into the building.

"With cheer fans in Bucky's camp, and zombies and the football team in mine, the school's split right down the middle. Werewolves are the swing vote." Zed explained, looking over to the pack that stood at the end of the hall.

"Wolves are key to winning
this election. But you know winning over the wolves is going to be hard." Eliza bluntly stated.

"Trust me, I got this. We're going to win the wolves votes, and more. We just have to show them how to fit in, like us. Easy." Zed stated right before the school bell rang and all the wolves howled.

Waverly quickly placed a hand over her mouth to hold back her laughter as Zed drew a defensive stance. "Plus it helps that you have help. I'll see what I can do, too." She snorted before walking off to her class.

All throughout her classes, Waverly felt as though there were eyes on the back of her head, watching her every move. And every time she turned around, there was a wolf. More specifically, there was Wyatt.

The boy had made it his personal mission not only to keep an eye on Addison, but Waverly as well. After all, it was something that Willa had stated before. She wanted eyes on Waverly and Willis, just as she had wanted eyes on Addison.

Now as she stood in one of the aisles of the library, she noticed Wyatt reading a book upside down at the end of the aisle. Though, he wasn't reading the book at all. His eyes were focused ahead of him, and when Waverly followed his line of vision, she found Addison, who had noticed the boy as well.

The blonde turned around and walked over to the boy, fixing his book and then walking away. Just as the boy was about to follow her friend, Waverly stepped in front of him.

"You know it would be a lot less weird if you had introduced yourself personally before you started stalking the two of us." She stated, looking up at the boy.

At first he looked down at her in shock, not realizing he had been so blatantly obvious. "I'm sorry?" He managed to get out.

"Question or statement?" Waverly sassed a bit, placing a hand on her hip with a smirk.

Wyatt, now realizing the girl was teasing him, smiled down at the girl before grabbing a lot of her loose hair and twisting it in his fingers. "Why is your hair like this?" He asked, referencing the colors.