Chapter three

We got back to the house and Taylor unpacked in the spare room, after that she gave belly her present.

She opened the gift and saw a crimson bikini.

"Oh my god thank you Taylor I love it!" belly exclaims while hugging her.

"Cmon let's go for a swim." I suggest.

We all get changed and go out into the pool.

"Omg let's play chicken!" Taylor says.

"That won't work, there's five of us." Steven complains.

I offered to sit out but Tay wouldn't let me. I went on Stevens shoulders and belly went on Jeremiah's.

"THREE.. TWO.. ONE.. GO!" Taylor screamed.

I shoved belly off of Jere and almost died of laughter, this was our favourite game since we were kids.

As I was laughing, Conrad walked in through the gate, holding a girls hand. Not just any girl. The girl he was making out with at the campfire.

I almost fell off Stevens shoulders from the shock.

"Hey, happy birthday belly!" The girl said.

"Thank you, but uh- who are you?" she asked.

The girl looked at Conrad and smiled.

My heart shattered when the words came out of her mouth.

"I'm Conrad's girlfriend."

That's when I fell off Stevens shoulders.

Taylor took one look at me and knew what to do.

"Cam, can you come inside with me, belly too. I think I cut my ankle."

She made up an excuse just so I could go inside, Taylor was such a good friend.

Me and belly both dried off and ran upstairs.

That's when I broke down.

"I thought things would be different this summer, but I guess not." I say.

"Cammie, he's an ass. He lead you on and that's not okay. You have to get over him." Taylor says trying to support me.

"My mom always says that you never get over your first love." I mutter.

"Go talk to him, put him in his place." Belly suggests.

"I don't even know if I can look at him right now bells."

"I'm gonna go back downstairs if you wanna come?" Taylor offers.

I decide to stay in my room while the rest of them go down the stairs.

About one hour later I hear a knock at the door.

"Come in." I say.

Conrad walks in.

"I take it back, you can leave now." I snap.

He ignores me and sits down on my bed.

"Conrad I said-" I get cut off.

"Camila."

He never calls me by my real name.

"She is not my girlfriend."

"Why should I care?"

"Well I mean you look hurt down there-" this time I cut him off.

"I don't know what you think you're doing Conrad fisher, but you have no right to lead me on and then walk in here with some other girl. I am so fucking sick and tired of waiting and waiting for you to finally realise that I've been in love with you since we first met. I actually thought that this summer would be different, but clearly it's not."