meaning of the dreams

Was this death?

It must be. I was drifting. Floating. Up towards the growing light, out from the darkness. My body felt weightless. I didn't feel any pain. Nothing. It was nice. Different. The closer I moved towards the light, the slower my heart beat. I reached my hand out towards the light, ready to touch it.

"Not yet," whispered a calming voice in my ear.

Breath left my body as I was yanked roughly back into the darkness.

***

"Please. Please. Please, come back to me," the voice begged. "This cannot be the end. This cannot be how it ends."

Sorin.

I was lightheaded and my body was sore and tired. I could feel all the pain now.

"Levana is doing a lot better," spoke a different voice. "She's moving around a lot better too. Any progress with Fae?"

"None," Sorin answered.

I wanted to reach out to him so badly. So much pain laced his voice.

"She will wake soon."

"How do you know?"

"Because, I do."

Silence.

A hand gently cupped my face. "Please, wake up. Please, oani."

I needed to. Come on, Faeda. Wake up.

Wake up!

I forced my eyes open to see Sorin sitting beside me, eyes closed. Relief flooded me. I wasn't seeing the nightmarish full moon. I was back.

I swallowed, my throat feeling dry and scratchy. He looked so different. Bags were under his eyes, and his skin looked pale. "I...I will always come home to you," I whispered weakly.

His eyes shot open, tears welling up. Suddenly, he was pushed aside by a smiling Ren. "You're okay!" he shouted as he bent down, giving me a crushing hug.

I let out a laugh, my body tensing at the gesture. "Yes. I'm okay."

Levana smacked the back of his head, giving me a smile. I smiled back at her.

Pulling away, he took Sorin's place on the chair. "I am so sorry I wasn't much help to you when you were taken. They came out of nowhere. I will never forgive myself."

"That's alright. I don't blame you, Ren."

"I heard Ren yell. Is she awake?" Ren moved aside to where Nikos stood.

I slowly sat up, ignoring the aches. Leaning against the head board, I gave him a weak smile. He walked towards me, giving me a hug.

"You're safe," I said, my body relaxing.

"Yes. And I apologize. I feel this is my fault," he admitted sitting at the foot of the bed. "I should've warned you better. The first time I got out of that forest, it was pure kismet. I should have done better to prepare you."

I shook my head. "This isn't on you. Trust me. You warned me, but...I don't know." I was honestly embarrassed that I had failed. "Did we make it to Valahar?"

"Yes. We made it here a few days ago. I found this place and lay you here. A day later, the guardians came. A few days after, Eldar flew in your friend, Levana, to help you awaken." He held my hand. "I'm sorry this happened. The forest was unkind to you."

I shook my head. "No more apologies. There is nothing to forgive. And thank you for staying."

"Of course."