Chapter Two

He was surprised that Robbie didn't throw any tantrums the next morning. For the first time in his life, he co- operated and got ready on time. He didn't cry and neither did he put up a fight.

"You seem eager to go to school today?" Asked his uncle.

"Yes, Miss Anna will take me to the chapel today," he told his uncle who had stopped believing in God altogether after that loss three years ago. He hadn't been to church since and as such even Robbie hadn't.

"Oh, is it?" Hunter asked in a bored tone. What good would going to a church bring? God didn't save his family when they needed Him. So what would He do now for them? He didn't say that to his young nephew though. That was his thought entirely.

"Yes, and you better apologize, uncle Hunt, " reminded Robbie with a glare. Hunter grinned. He would see about that!

He stopped his truck at the parking area of the school and looked around. There was no sign of Robbie's Miss Anna anywhere. They climbed down and walked towards the school gates.

"Miss Anna, " said Robbie, all of a sudden and extricating his hand from Hunter's, he dashed off. Hunter's heart beats accelerated hearing her name. He turned and watched mesmerized as the hot Miss Anna walked from her car towards the school gates, her white dress making her chocolate brown long hair stand out. She looked absolutely stunning, in fact too gorgeous to be a school teacher.  She should have been a model or a lead character of some Hollywood movie. He blinked and blinked as she walked in slow motion and all he could see was her hot body, swaying deliciously as she walked.

Robbie, the lucky guy, caught up with her and caught her hand. She turned to smile at the little boy, her hazel eyes sparkling under the sun. Hunter felt a strange stab of jealousy pierce his heart. She started talking to Robbie without even glancing his way. He walked up to them refusing to be ignored.

"Good morning, Miss Anna, " he drawled with a lazy smirk, appraising her from head to foot and back up.

"I'm Miss. Wilson to you," she scoffed. Hunter grinned. So she was still mad at him. She hadn't forgotten him or his remark. Good!

"Anna Wilson, huh? Sounds kinda ordinary, " he said in a bored tone. Rihanna glared at him. He was such a rude a*shole! He really got to her nerves everytime they met. 

"Rihanna Claire Wilson isn't an ordinary name by any chance?" She gritted out. Hunter grinned. Rihanna! He loved her name already.

"You must have found out my name by now?" He drawled lazily, looking at her with an amused expression. Rihanna was done with his snide remarks. She just wanted to erase that look from his face.

"I'm not interested to know, " she said, then holding onto Robbie's hand she marched off.

"You can call me Hunter in your dreams!" He yelled after her. She literally ran towards the school gates to get away from him. Hunter chuckled at her cuteness. He had never felt this excited in years. Teasing her, getting her worked up  gave him a strange sense of satisfaction and the permanent smile that dwelt on his face was another matter anyway.

He got weird looks from his employees at the ranch but what the hell! A man can be happy once in a while, couldn't he? The whole day, he looked forward to meeting her again in the afternoon.

He had built this ranch, Whispering Meadows Ranch with his own hands. The last three years, his sheer hard work and dedication had made it a successful venture. He was the best horse breeder and trainer in the vicinity and had a good number of faithful clients who only wanted to buy horses from him.

"Miss Anna, I loved going to the chapel. It made me feel like I'm so close to God. Since my family is with Him, it made me feel closer to mom, dad, Carson and grandpa too," said Robbie. Rihanna hugged the little boy.