Chapter 6

"Hello, dad?" I bit my l lower lip. My heart almost stopped for a second, and my hands trembled. Tears flooded my eyes as I lost all will to continue with all this. It was the sound of loud music and laughter mostly of women but I heard his voice too before he spoke up.. "Hello!" I put the phone down and left Lucciano's room. I didn't want to talk to him, I couldn't hold myself together anymore, he was supposed to be hurt by the fact that I'm not with him, my life is at stake but he's having fun...

I slammed the door shut letting it all out as I sat on the floor by my bed. I was so stupid. Stupid, that I thought my dad could never do this, I should have just remembered his remorseless face when he gave me away. He never loved me.... Never.

I sat on the ground by the window watching the late night sky. My chin on my knees. I'd cried my eyes dry, I just sat there gazing at the dark sky. I didn't even know what time it was, though sleep did creep up on me once or twice but I fought to stay awake.

He wasn't going to come for me, So I had to get myself out of here.

Christoph's POV

"Good morning sir." I nodded at my assistant who'd just walked into my office. "You have meeting at ten-thirty and another one at six PM." I nodded rubbing my eyebrows. "And also you received an invitation to The Carter gala." She smiled placing the invitation card on my desk. "Thank you Robyn."

"And that reminds me Miss Kaele asked me to thank you for the clothes." I raised an eyebrow, she could have told me herself yesterday.

I nodded and she left.

I hadn't seen Kaele all morning, probably because of yesterday. He's as useless a father as he is a human.

It was eight PM and I was done with my work for the day. I walked into my villa and the guys were there with Leilani, I zoned out for a second as I watched her laugh, it was calming, captivazing. Something I never got to see.

She glanced at me and her smile faded. I turned my attention to Vinny who walked towards me. "You really shouldn't make visits here a habit." The guys laughed and I walked away to my office.

Demetrio walked in a few minutes later, as I laid back in my seat with my eyes closed.

"You good?" He asked seating on the other side of my desk with a beer in hand. I looked at him wearily, "Yeah, shitty migranes again."

"Need a doctor?" He sipped his beer. I shook my head. "How's the mafia?" I run my hand through my thick dark hair. "You're not fine we'll talk later." He got up to leave only stopping at the sound of my husky voice calling his name. "Demetrio. Sit down." He sat down again.

I never mixed corporate work with the mafia unless it was necessary. Whenever I had to work I left Donny in charge of the mafia, he was the second in command also my brother.

"Naluca's pissed off for some reason, he says we have something of his." He chugged his beer down emptying the bottle.

"And what's that?" He shrugged in uncertainty, "He's gonna come to retrieve it, we ought to be careful, he warned." He let out teasingly.

"Find out what it is and with that I can find a way to have him under my wing."

"Already on it." He got up, "Want one?" I shook my head lightly trying not to aggravate the migrane.

"You know Ada really wants to see you." I sighed, gently rubbing my forehead. "I don't have time for her I'm busy." An understanding silence filled the room, Demetrio just nodded and left. After what I did I couldn't face Ada, I couldn't hurt her again.

Later in the evening, Kaele and I sat down and had our dinner in silence. Leilani occasionally glanced at me as she ate which irritated me to the core. "What Kaele?" My tone laced with annoyance, she put her knife and fork down, her dark brown eyes meeting mine as she rubbed her ever covered arm gently. "I-I didn't know you had so many brothers." she spoke softly.

"And what makes you think you need to know anything about me?" Her eyes fell to her still full plate. She didn't have that spark in her eyes like always, this girl had some nerve I must say but today she was totally different, lacking...drained I should say.

She clenched her fists lightly taking in a deep breath. "What are you going to do to me?" I stared at her dead in the eyes while she tried to avoid eye contact. "I am not willing to disclose that." I lifted my plate, made my way to the sink and she followed. "I'll wash them." She offered innocently and I stepped back as she took my place at the sink.

My migranes only got worse and I needed some relief the pain killers didn't do much. I made my way to to fridge and chugged down multiple glasses of water. "Are you okay?" She enquired seeming quite intrigued. "I'm fine." I grumbled starting to walk away when she tugged on my arm. I turned to her and she had this little polite smile spread across her face. "You're drinking water like you wish to become a fish." That made no logical sense and whatever was coming next I didn't want to hear. "I have a migraine don't irritate me." She nodded turning away, I walked away, into the living room, dimming the lights and sat down on the couch with my eyes closed.

"Please lie down." I opened my eyes to her carrying a tray. "Why-"

"-Just lie downn." She whined placing the tray on the coffee table. I caved, not in the mood for arguments, I lay down and she placed a pillow beneath my head and sat by my head. "Can I have full possession of you?" I turned my head upwards at her, stunned with curiosity running through my mind.