Chapter 35

CHRISTOPH'S POV

"What do you want Christoph?" I stared at her for a moment, taking in how much she'd changed since we'd last been together."My daughter." She looked me straight in the eye, her eyes darkened in colour and began to glisten."No....No!" She yelled, her breathing rapidly increasing."Allegra is mine, you weren't there from the start, you don't know what I went through just for her Christoph..." She let out painfully and tears began to roll down her cheeks. "You are the reason for all this, yet you have the guts to come here and tell me you that wanna take my daughter?! Are you mad?"

"Leilani--"

"Daada?" Leilani froze, our eyes locked and her breathing slowed down.She brought her hand to her mouth as she began to heavily fall. I reached out to touch her, but She stepped aside giving me full access to our daughter who stood a few feet behind her. "Mama...Dadaa?" She looked at Leilani who simply nodded. She smiled cheerfully as she ran towards me as I walked to her. I knelt down in front of her, she glanced up to her mother then back at me. She seemed hesitant, so I took the initiative a held her in my arms lifting her up. "Mamaa..." she let out reaching out to Leilani who immediately took her, walking away from me, "Mamaa....Dadaa." She said point at me over Leilani's shoulder. "Mummyyy...Dadaaaa!" She let out bursting in tears as she tried to pull away from Leilani, "Take her..." She let out weakly. I walked over and she immediately attached herself to me.

"You have her now......please go." She let out shakily wiping the tears off her cheeks."Come with me." she turned to face me her blood shot eyes fixated on me, "Don't hurt her, and please take care of her."

"Leilani..."

"I want nothing to do with you, Christoph, I'm tired and I give up." She tucked Allegra's hair behind her ear, reached in and gave her a kiss, "Be good for daddy." she whispered then took a few steps back, "Dadaa, mama is crying." She pointed Leilani while looking up at me. I kept my eyes on her...... I wanted her, I needed her. I just couldn't understand why she gave in so easily.

I deeply hurt her; I didn't want any animosity between us but this I had to do.The ride home was very different from what I was used to, but I liked it. I carried her into my apartment as she narrated what she and ' Lani' as she called her, did today while messily eating some chocolate. My house help stood afar as she gawked at me and Allegra. I gave a brief nod to which she timidly responded and rushed off to perform her duties. I sat down with Allegra in my living area, and she placed her head on my shoulder wrapping her arms around my neck. I knew it wasn't going to be easy taking care of her but she seemed to be a good kid so I could be wrong.

I have only been with her for an hour or less, yet I can already tell how good mannered she is. Leilani did a good job.... I should have been there, I should have been right beside them.

"Would you like for me to take her." Loren, the helper, whispered, I looked down at her, her eyes were shut, she must have been tired from all the moving around."No, for now you can return to your duties." She nodded, and proceeded to inform me that a room was prepared for Allegra.A few minutes went by in total silence when, "Dadaa?" Shit.... I thought she was asleep.I turned my head towards her, "I want mama." she said quietly."I think it's time for bed" I said, standing, "Mamaa!" She let out before bursting into tears. I gave her to Loren, she was older and definitely has some experience with kids.

"Put her to sleep. I have some work to take care of." She nodded and I left.