Chapter 8

Katelyn’s POV

Katelyn sat on the back porch watching over the pups playing in the yard.  Fynn sat not too far from her but was sitting quietly sensing that she didn’t want to talk. The rogue attacks had all but stopped in the past week and it was making her uneasy. She felt like it was the calm before a big storm and her wolf was restless as well. She thought about the events of the past week to try to distract herself and calm down a little.

Carol had accepted Carter providing they take it slow and get to know each other. Carol didn’t let Carter mark her for a couple reasons, she didn’t want to move packs yet and she wanted to get to know him. Mark had been a pain in Katelyn’s side all week as well. He was quietly warning all males to stay away from her (which didn’t work on her own pack members) and while he hadn’t come up and said anything to her he stared at her all the time, watching her. Carol said he came up to her and tried to get information on Katelyn from her but she didn’t tell him anything and just walked away from him. Katelyn could tell the fact that Fynn sat next to her in all her classes and followed her around everywhere bothered him but he never asked her about it. Katelyn smiled to herself, if he had asked she would have told him but he never asked.

A noise to the left snapped her out of her thoughts.

*well speak of the devil* Nya said.

Katelyn smiled inwardly as he approached her.  She looked back out over the pups.

“Can we talk?” He asked

“go for it” Katelyn said not looking at him. She felt the alpha in him trying to take control and demand respect. He would have to earn it from her before she gave it to him. Alpha’s didn’t have to respect each other though it was courteous to show respect for another alpha’s position.

Mark sighed and sat down beside her.

“I’m sorry” He said.

Katelyn glanced over and raised her eyebrow. “For?” She asked

“For rejecting you, judging you and treating you like shit” He stammered.

Katelyn leaned back and glanced at him out of the corner of her eye.

*forgive him, forgive him forgive him!* Nya said bouncing in her head.

*not yet, there is more than just me he needs to apologize too.*

“Have you apologized to your wolf yet?” Katelyn asked.

“Um, no why?”

“you should apologize to him for rejecting his mate. It’s not just me you’ve hurt but our wolves as well. We all deserve an apology not just me” she replied.

Mark was silent for a few minutes.

“I apologized to him, and I apologize to Nya as well. I was an idiot and don’t deserve your forgiveness however I am asking for it and for a chance to be the mate you deserve.”

“I forgive you, and I’ll give you one chance” Katelyn said softly.

“What? Really???” Mark said looking at her in disbelief. He wanted to reach over hug her and mark her right away but he knew that she would not like that so he held himself back. He felt the mate bond grow stronger. They had both accepted that they were mates which was the first step in the mating process. They would be able to speak to each other through mind link.

Katelyn fully turned to him her eyes a little watery. “I never rejected you, I always wanted my mate. You were the one who rejected me, I just accepted it.”

Mark looked down and she could see that he was ashamed of himself.  “I’m sorry”

“I already said that I forgave you. You just have to prove to me not only that you want me as a mate but that you’re the kind of mate I deserve.”

“I will I promise! Does this mean you won’t hang around with Fynn anymore?” Mark asked.

“Fynn is my bodyguard”

“What?” Mark asked dumbfounded.

“He’s my bodyguard not a boyfriend.”

“So I was jealous of him over nothing? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“You never asked.” Katelyn replied simply. She smiled at the look of shock and disbelief on Mark’s face.

“So does this mean you’ll go out on a date with me?” Mark asked. The sheer hopefulness in his voice and the puppy dog eyes he was giving her made her want to melt.

“Sure, when?” Katelyn asked.

“How about tomorrow night? I’ll pick you up about 6?”

“Sounds good to me” Katelyn said smiling.

Mark jumped up “Awesome, I have to go…do some stuff I’ll see you tomorrow” He said before running off back towards his pack house.

Katelyn watched him go laughing to herself.

“I didn’t think you’d forgive him that easily” Fynn said walking up to her and sitting in a chair across from her.

“he’s my mate of course I will forgive him. That doesn’t mean I’m not going to get my own form of payback though” Katelyn said smiling mischievously. Fynn laughed.   

*You agree Nya?* Katelyn asked.

*If you’re thinking what I’m thinking than absolutely!*

Katelyn smiled. Mark wouldn’t know what hit him.

Unknown POV

He would have to be patient, he kept telling himself. If he made an attempt to grab her and he failed he would lose all chance as they would keep her under lock and key until they found out who was behind the attempt. He did have one problem though and he knew it. As the daughter of an alpha she had to accept him as her mate in order for her alpha position to be extended to him so while he could mark her and control her that way he couldn’t just take over her pack as a rightful alpha unless she gave him that power. He also couldn’t wait too long as she may find her mate and let him mark her which would seriously mess with his plans. His second in charge came in.

“Sir all attacks have been stopped.”

“Excellent, keep it that way, we need them to be lulled into a false sense of security. We need that chance to make our move.  I want you to quietly get your men into position and be ready. I want your men to grab her at the earliest chance but make sure they don’t act rashly I don’t want them seen so make sure she is alone…or maybe we could get her to come to us…Change of plan. Here’s what I want you to do…”

~~~~~~Clifhanger!!!! well...not really but I cant have you knowing the plan before it happens where would the fun be in that ;) so I would like to say Thank you sooo much to all my fans new and old! it means so much to me knowing that you enjoy my story :) so let me know what you think :) and whose pov would you like the next chapter in Katelyn's or Mark's??? ~~~~~