Chapter 7: Benvenuto in Italia

Port of Genoa, 8:32 AM, Day 1 of Delegation

The yacht had docked at the port and with that there were a few guards who waited for them as they were the guides for the delegation. Antonio stepped down first with his suitcase as he was followed by Mario. Kaios and his staff followed while Remille was the last whose luggage had to be unloaded by a few hands.

Remille looked around the port. Her grip on the skirt of her dress was fairly firm as she eyed all the ships around her. No matter where she looked it seemed like that all of the vessels could beat Parpaldian ships both in size and grandeur. Even the rugged naval ships of Italy which also docked seemed like a fortress on the seas.

Kaios too observed all the ships and buildings. He has never been to Mu nor the Holy Mirishial Empire but he reckoned that it'd be like in this place if he had. He held his luggage close as he was prepared for any small time dockyard thieves and yet nobody seemed to be that way. Unlike Antonio however, what he assumed to be the Italian common folk who observed the curious groups of Parpaldians had rather odd way of dressing up. Some clothes seemed a bit too short for them but he could tell their fabric seemed high quality.

Antonio then smiled as he spoke to the group. "Welcome to the Port of Genoa, one of our most prominent cities. Before we head on with our tour of the country, I received permission for you all to tour around the Cavour for a little while." He said as he pointed to the aircraft carrier.

"Oh is that right? We'd love to see it!" Kaios said in a bit of excitement, both genuine and to hide any attempts to try and look for details on how to build such a ship.

"Hmm I wonder where... Ah there they are." Antonio said with a hum. Three black Fiat sedans stopped in front of the group as their drivers hopped out while the guards went on with packing the luggage in the trunks. "Miss Remille, Director Kaios, you can hop in this car. Me and Mister Ricci will be in the second while your staff can be in the third." He explained.

The driver opened up the door for Remille who promptly hopped inside as she sat down. Of course the young woman looked around the car as not even her best carriages could compare. Kaios followed and sat down as well as he spoke. "I've seen Muan cars before but these are on another level." He said.

"Tsk... These Italians worry me." Remille muttered. "If the whole world sees what they can do, Parpaldia would look... pathetic in comparison." She said with a sigh.

"That's why we have to be careful, Miss Remille. If we get in their favour, they may trust us enough for us to receive some of their military equipment. The possibilities Parpaldia could achieve is astonishing." Kaios said before they both went quiet as the driver came inside and instead decided to have a more innocent conversation.

"So, what is the plan for today then Kaios?" She asked with no intention of calling him Director at all.

The man was used to it and simply answered as he pulled out the map. "Well for our first day as you heard we will be touring their flagship the Cavour before we ride on a machine called a train to the city of Milan. There we attend a fashion show and indulge ourselves in shopping before we rest." Kaios said as he showed the map and route they'd be taking.

Remille listened and observed the map as she couldn't quite believe the amount of detail it had. If they had a map of Parpaldia like this it would be locked away as a state secret. As Kaios casually folded it, she spoke. "Don't lose that map." She simply said.

Kaios nodded. With that the car started to move as their convoy was headed to the other side of the port to the Cavour aircraft carrier.

Remille observed the smoothness of the ride. With her carriage, even with the best wheels it tended to be bumpy on their cobblestone roads. Here she observed the concrete and the tyres of the other cars as she watched the scenery go by.