Chapter 4 Live in Maid

My heart is pounding so uncontrollably, that I swear my heart is going to burst. Marcus smirks down at me, and starts inching closer and closer, until I can almost taste his minty breath.

If he gets any closer I'm afraid of what he might do, and I know I won't be able to stop myself. I shove him as hard as I can, needing there to be space between us.

"Are you freaking kidding me? Just go to hell Marcus!" He takes a step back, surprise flashing across his face. Luckily i've made enough space so that I am able to sneak my way under his arm.

In an instant he is smirking again, and I just want to slap that stupid look off of his face. He crosses his arms and leans against the wall I was trapped against just seconds ago.

"Well, what do you say? It's a reasonable way to pay me back for the damages."

I scoff and run my hands through my now tangled hair feeling exasperated. This is getting way too ridiculous.

"I am not going to become your personal prostitute to pay for a stain on your suit. Why would you want me anyway? I'm sure you have plenty of girls who would be begging to drop on their knees for you."

He chuckles, and he has an amused expression on his face. "I don't mean that kind of physical work. You are more naughty than I thought..."

My eyes widen and I can feel my face heating up. I am so embarrassed I don't even know how to respond. This is definitely not my best moment.

I look up at him, and this time he's grinning. Gosh, his smile is perfect.
"If you don't mean... that, what do you mean by using my body?"

He shakes his head, "Honestly woman..."

I frown at his response, still flushed with embarrassment. "Just tell me already!"

"I don't mean sex. I want you to come stay at my place, and be my live in maid. I don't have time to take care of the place, and I've been looking for some help."

My mouth drops open, "L-live in maid?  You mean, live in your house? With you?How much was that suit anyway?"

He pushes himself off the wall and walks towards me, giving me a wicked smile. "Definitely more than an entire year of rent for that small apartment of yours."

My brows furrow, and I glare at him. "How do you know where I live? Are you stalking me?" This was definitely getting too weird for me.

He rolls his eyes and shrugs his shoulders, "It's not hard to find when you walk home from work. I followed you home right after you spilled your coffee all over me. It was easy to catch up with you."

Damn! I knew I should've just hid in the back until he was long gone. Maybe then he wouldn't have been able to follow me...

This conversation has been going on for way too long, and I'm starting to get more and more irritated by the second. I turn my gaze away from him and fold my arms over my chest. "Well, this changes absolutely nothing."

Somehow he has gotten close to me without me realizing it. He reaches up and tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear, "oh, but I think it does."

I slap his hand away, and lean in close so that I'm only inches away from his face. This time I won't his good looks distract me from what's important.

"No. It. Doesn't." I bite out through gritted teeth.

He doesn't move and his eyes flicker down to my lips, "Well, seeing as I own the apartment complex you live in, I think it does."

My throat tightens to his response, and I know the color has left my face, "What do you mean? "

He leans back and something flashes in his eyes. "I said, I own the apartment complex you live in."