Chapter 6 What is he doing to me?

My new life so far as a live in maid is not as terrible as I thought it would be. Marcus sends me a long list to my email every single day, of what needs to be done. It's usually always the same, with a couple of extra things added here and there. I don't mind it though.

Keeping busy is what I need in order to stay sane. I do miss working at the coffee shop, but at the same time it's been nice to switch things up.

I sip on my tea, and lean back against the headboard. It's time for me to go over my list for today. I check my email and see a new message from Marcus Declan. The list is not too long today, and I smile because it leaves me some extra time to myself. I laugh when I read the added note at the bottom.

Keep that cat out of my hair! Make sure you still have my number saved in your phone. You better answer if I call....

I roll my eyes, and flip my phone off. I've already added his number into my contacts the first time he gave it to me. Although he hasn't tried calling me for any reason. We also haven't really seen each other much in the past week, since I arrived, and that's perfectly fine with me.

Less time for me to make another mistake that involves him...

Images of Marcus on top of me flash through my mind and I quickly shake them away. This is why we need to stay away from each other as much as possible. I quickly open up my phone and change Marcus's name to MARCUS DO NOT ANSWER! I throw my phone across the bed and mentally prepare myself for the day.

I stretch my arms over my head and let out a long yawn. I am so freaking tired. I've gotten hardly any sleep since being here, because I can't stop dreaming about a certain someone. I check the time, realize I've been laying around for too long, and get out of bed.

***************************************

My day has consisted of sliding around on the shiny marble floor with a vacuum, and singing along to my favorite songs. I have a bad habit of singing a little too loudly when I'm not paying attention. I twirl around the giant kitchen, singing at the top of my lungs.

When I get to the chorus, I hear a loud chuckle behind me, and I immediately turn around to see Marcus standing there...

I know my face is probably bright red right now. Oh my gosh.. How embarrassing. I wish I could just sink into the floor right about now.

Marcus slowly claps his hands and shakes his head. He has the biggest grin on his face.

"Hmmm, I think I should've hire you to be my personal entertainer instead..."

My eyes widen at his words, and I unplug the vacuum from the wall. "Well, looks like I'm done in here." I leave the room quickly before he can say another word.

I run up the stairs and shut my bedroom door behind me and let out a shaky laugh. That goes right at the top of my most embarrassing moments list.
I jump away from the door, when I hear a light knock.

"U-uh, I'm busy?!" I yell unsure of what else to say.

"Come on Addison. You don't have to be embarrassed. Just open the door for me."

I look down and pick at my nails. The last thing I want to do is open the door. Why do I feel so embarrassed around him? After a minute of weighing my options, I walk back over to the door and slowly grab the silver knob.

I open the door a crack, only leaving enough space so I can poke my head out. Big mistake because now Marcus is leaning against the door frame only a couple of inches from my face. I freeze and he gives me the goofiest grin, and sticks out his tongue. I can't help but laugh and I open the door a little wider. If he's going to play it off like it wasn't that embarrassing, then I will too...