Chahat 4

READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER

__________________________

It was the next morning, Mr. and Mrs. Alam were lounging in their backyard having a cup of tea while listening to the sound of water in their fountain. Mr. Alam was the first to speak, "Mera nahi khayal Hoorain is rishte se raazi he." (I don't think Hoorain is happy with this alliance)

"Mera bhi yahi khayal he Zaheer magar Hoorain ko abhi Asfandyar ka ache se nahi pata hai shayad is waja se esa react kar rahi he." Azra replied, already siding with her future son in law. Azra had known the love and adoration Asfandyar held for her daughter and trusted him enough to give her only daughter to him. (I have the same thoughts too Zaheer but I feel like Hoorain hasn't met Asfandyar before and hence why she reacted that way.)

"Shayad....... Chalo kher aaj mil le gi Asfandyar ko aur pata chal jaye ga." Zaheer Alam was really hesitant as Hoorain was his only daughter and her thoughts were really important to him. (Maybe....... Anyways she will meet Asfandyar today and we will know by then.)

"Apko bhi pata he Asfandyar usse kitna pya-" Mrs. Alam was cut off by the sound of Hoorain coming outside saying her greeting. (You also know how much Asfandyar lov-)

"Assalamualaikum mama baba! How are you?" Hoorain grabbed a chocolate biscuit and sat on one of the empty chairs, in a totally different mood from yesterday.

"Wa Alaikum Assalam beta. We're good. How are you?" Mr. Alam replied and relaxed, seeing his daughter in a better mood. His daughter was the apple of his eyes and it was heartbreaking for him to see her like that yesterday.

"Alhamdulillah I'm good too." Hoorain replied while munching on the yummy chocolate biscuit. Mrs. Alam eyed her husband for him to tell her about going to the Mir mansion or talk about her engagement and marriage. When she saw Mr. Alam wasn't making an effort so she decided to tell her.

"Hoor Beta, we are going to the Mir mansion after 2 hours so get dressed appropriately if you need any help you can call me or Shaheena Baji." Hoorain stilled but showed no reaction other than that.

After a few moments, Hoorain looked up from her phone and smiled at her mom and replied with an ok and got up to leave.

After about 2 hours, the Alams were ready and left for the Mir mansion which was about a 20 to 30 minute drive from their house.

During the car ride, Hoorain was slightly panicking as to what excuse she should come up with. After about 15 minutes of brainstorming, she came up with the perfect excuse and mentally patted her back.

_________________________

Asfandyar woke up earlier than usual, more excited than ever, if he was this excited to meet her for their 'baat pakki' then he could only imagine how excited he would be for their actual wedding.

The Alams were supposed to come at 11 and it was 6 in the morning. He had a lot of time and work too. He started his morning routine which consisted of brushing his teeth, doing gym and taking a shower.

When he was done with his shower, he dressed up in an armani dark blue modern fit suit. He went down for breakfast and saw Beejan setting the last dish on the table, he went towards her and bowed down a bit in order for her to give him a pat on his head.

Beejan smiled and patted his head lovingly, blessing him. Motioning him to sit, she saw the huge smile that wasn't leaving his face, she asked him, "Asfandyar beta, aaj itne khush lag rahe ho, khairiyat? Aaj kuch special hai?" (Asfandyar son, you look very happy today, is everything ok? Is something special today?)