Junoon 1

Author's POV

'I am being chased. Someone's running after me. People are trying to hold him back but he's pushing them away and coming after me. He's getting closer..... and closer. I look back to see that he's right behind me. His hand reaches out and latches on to my arm making me jerk back against his hard front. I can feel his heavy breathing on my neck. I've been caught.'

Zara wakes up sweating furiously and breathing heavily. She wipes the sweat beads off her forehead. She has been seeing this dream for the past 2 weeks from time to time. She has no idea what it means. It could be a sign or it could just be her body being tired.

She chose the latter option as the answer because why would anyone want to catch her. Although her delusional brain and the thousand romance novels she read had her thinking otherwise. Pushing back all thoughts, she checked the time which said 6 am.

She got up to offer her prayers and to get ready for her university. Her new semester started today and she was excited to say the least. One of her classes was with her seniors which means she would be with her brother Adeel. (A/N: not sure how unis work. My highschool has options of having classes ahead of your year so...not sure. We'll pretend like it happens lol.)

Zara was a smart and loved student in the uni. She was competitive but she wouldn't consider herself popular. She considered herself as an average girl with medium length brown volumed hair that turned flat if she didn't wash it for a few days. After she was done with her supplications, she packed her bag and went downstairs to make breakfast. She saw her dad, Mr. Siddiqui, outside with her brothers, Adeel and Ahsan, talking.

Zara greeted them and went to make breakfast with her mother, Mrs. Siddiqui. The Siddiqui's were middle class but they were happy about it as they had a peaceful life. Their children were high achieving with 2 of them in a great university pursuing medicine while the other was a cyber security specialist.

Zara was loved by her family although she wasn't super close with her brothers but she knew they were there for her if she needed them. She served breakfast and sat down. "Zara, aap ki konsi classes hen iss semester?" Mr. Siddiqui asked. (Zara, what classes do you have this semester?)

"Baba, meri iss semester Anatomy, Psychology, Math and Chemistry." Zara replied while counting on her fingers. Mr. Siddiqui hummed and proceeded to ask his son, Adeel. (Dad, I have Anatomy, Psychology, Math and Chemistry this semester.)

"Adeel, behn ka khial rkhna university men. Iss dafa to tum dono ki class aik sath bhi he. Aik sath bethna." Mr. Siddiqui said, giving Adeel the normal lecture. (Adeel, take care of your sister in university. You guys have a class together this time so make sure you sit together.)

"Mein nahi beth raha iss bhens ke sath." Adeel replied, teasing Zara. Mrs. Siddiqui gave her son a look with a small smile on her face. (I don't want to sit beside this cow.)

"BABAA dekhein bhai mujhe kya keh rahe hain. Wese men konsa tumhare sath bethna chahti hoon. Ghore kahin ke." Zara replied back with a humph. Zara pouted, turning to her dad for backup. (DADDD, look what he called me. Also, I don't want to sit with you anyway. Horse.)

"Abey, ghora kisse bola? University men dekhta hoon tumhein-" Adeel was cut off by his father, scolding him. He gave a glare to Zara who just stuck her tongue out. (Abey, who did you call a horse? I will deal with you in the University-)

Everyone at the table smiled, hearing their bickering. It was indeed a happy family with little problems. Unfortunately, happiness doesn't last a long time just like sadness.

_____________________________

On the other hand, a normal business man's son had woken up. Salaar woke up exhausted as usual. He despised his university but had to go because his dad wished to see him there. He was a good student academically but his behavior was the total opposite. All he wanted to do was burn the university down. At this point, he wanted to go to university just because of having a full attendance.