Chapter 4. "An adventure"

"Come on in," Katherine said as they stepped in at the same time, bumping into each other once again. Sam motioned her to go in first, and she agreed. There was no time and energy left in her to argue, refusing to go ahead just because she was a girl. She needed to get over with the detention as soon as she could. Emily only wondered how her parents would react to the news. Her family was in love with William, too, maybe except for her brother. Edward never got along with him no matter how much William tried. "You deserve better," he always said.

"Emmy, I don't have the books. Come back the next day, " Katherine said, flipping through the pages of her books. "Watson, take a seat."Yes, ma'am," Sam said as he took a seat at the back of the classroom. He looked at Emily in front of him. "I am not here for the books," she shifted between her feet before holding her head up high. "I have detention," Emily said in a low voice. Sam saw Mrs. Collen push her oval glasses into her brown hair.

"What?" she asked. "I have detention," she repeated, slower. "I caught that, but what did you do?" she asked. Sam's lips curved up as he saw Emily sit in front of him. "I might have cursed at my boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, in the middle of the hallway in front of our principal," Katherine had a smile, "you might have, or did you do it?" she asked. "You know Katherine," Emily started. "It's Mrs. Collen to you, Emmy. "

"You are my godmother," Emily started. "I am also your teacher right now," Katherine said. "Then it's Ms. Hale to you, " Emily said. Sam raised his eyebrows as he took her in. He wondered how he never noticed her, she was pretty with her black curls and sapphire eyes, she was quite intelligent and she surely didn't seem like the stuck-up he thought her to be, maybe it was for the fact Edward was extremely protective of her and never let anyone of them even come near her. He remembered how pissed he was after William asked her out.

"Very well, Ms. Hale and Mr. Watson seems like it is just the three of us. Look, you don't want to be here, I don't want to be here. So you two will do your work in silence and exactly after an hour go away, " she said. Sam glanced at Emily, who was looking out of the window.

"Mrs. Colen, " someone knocked at the door. "You are requested to come to the office." Katherine got up. A smile spread across his face, and the wheels were in motion. "I have something to do, Emmy," she called. "Yes," Emily turned. "Make sure Sam doesn't do anything. I will be back. " Emily turned to see Sam smiling. Something was happening. "Of course, Katherine."

Katherine walked out of the room. Emily heard a bang, and she turned around to see the boy smiling. He didn't look bad, with brown curls and green eyes, that she knew many girls fawned over. Emily recalled the poems she heard about him from his famous fan club. He was the one nearly everyone wanted. "Like what you see?" he asked, his eyebrow raised. He caught her looking at him. "Did you hear that?" she asked, ignoring the red across her cheeks. "It went off in the locker of your ex-boyfriend," he said, leaning back.

"Good," Emily said, turning around. Sam's smile widened he got up and sat in front of her. "You should go back to your seat," she said, flipping through her book. "What are you reading?" he asked. "None of your business," she said, not looking up. He tilted his head, "What?" she closed her book.

"What?" he asked. "You are staring," she said. "I am admiring you," he said. "Really? You say that to everyone?" she asked. "Only those I find interesting," he said. She scoffed, "I am not interested," she said. "Really, I recall you wanting a boyfriend better than William," he said. Emily let out a laugh, "so what? I should date you?" she asked. He held her gaze, "You could," he said.

"No," Emily immediately answered. There was absolutely no way she was dating her brother's best friend, who was rumored to be the biggest player on the campus. There was no way she was dating the boy everyone would warn her about. There was absolutely no way. "No, Sid," she said again. "Sam," he corrected. "Do you think I care right now?" she said. "Absolutely not," he said with his lips curving up.

"Have it your way then," he got up. It would create too many complications.
He took his seat and pulled out the old guitar, that leaned against the back of the room. Emily tried to focus back on her book. No. He strummed a soft melody. She closed her book with a thud and turned around. "Why would you offer that? Why would you want to be seen with someone? Don't you have girls falling at your feet?" she asked.

"I have my reasons just like you do," he said. "You are in love with someone too?" she asked, her eyebrows raised. He opened and closed his mouth. "You are," she exclaimed. "Be quiet, will you?" Sam asked. "No," Emily said, sitting next to him. "You are in love with Isabel and dating me, Her boyfriend's ex would be a way to get back at her, smart move," she said.

"Same for you, and Emily, no one would expect you and me to date. We belong to two completely different social circles, " Sam said. "Seeing me and you date and get all the attention would get on both of their nerves and if we can continue long enough" "they would realize that we are better and want us back" he completed. "Exactly," Emily said. She looked at him and stretched out her hand.

"Let's date," she said. "Really?" he asked, eyeing her hand. "That took way less convincing." "Yes, shake on it," she said. "It will be one hell of a ride," he said, locking their hands. "It will be an adventure."Your brother would kill me the moment he finds out," he said. "We will manage him," she said, shaking his hand.

That's how Sam Watson and Emily Hale decided to date as a way to get back at their exes.