1

—

Heavy breathing was heard from a half empty park, two girls running laps around it after a day of learning at their respective college.

"Come on! We still have one more lap," The brunette haired girl called out from behind her, a grin never leaving her sweaty face as she looked at her best friend struggling to keep up.

"Imani, I think this is the end! I'm going to have a heart attack." The H/C haired girl said in between gasps. She wheezed and gasped for air, cursing under her breath on forgetting her water from the bench.

"Quit whining! We've only done 2 laps,"

"ONLY 2?! Come on, let me go home. I have to wake up early for work tomorrow," Y/N begged, getting on her knees to convince her energetic friend to rest.

"Fine, you did better than on Wednesday, anyways," Imani muttered the last part under her breath, both girls going to get their stuff to head home.

The sun was setting as the girls gathered their belongings, the moon slowly coming up to shine down on everything below it.

"My feet are killing me! I should've never agreed to that when I have work tomorrow," Y/N whined, staring out the passenger door window as the street lights started to switch on to give light in the darkness.

"You go to work for three days and barely do anything during it. I think you're fine," Imani spoke, her eyes focused on the road ahead. "Yeah but what if it's a busy day? My legs will be sore by tomorrow," The girl said back, Imani sighed, knowing that her friend will keep pointing out the negatives as she always does.

"Then Luther can cover for you. As always," Imani giggled a bit, remembering coming into her friends job to see Luther always be the first to help out Y/N anyway he can.

"He doesn't always cover for me," Y/N muttered, her eyes still looking at the many houses that passed by.

"Yeah sure, remember the many times you called in saying you were sick and Luther was the one who covered for you, always. Dude is in love with you,"

Y/N didn't want to admit that her fellow coworker might have some feelings, but that could also mean he was just being nice. It didn't have to mean that he has a crush on her.

Imani parked her car outside of her friends house, some lights were still on.

"Guessing your sister is still awake,"

"It is the weekend. Thank you for driving me home, see you Monday!" Y/N got out of the car, walking towards the front door of her house, looking back to wave goodbye to her friend before she drove off.

Unlocking the front door and stepping inside, she was welcomed by her little sister watching TV in the living room while painting her toes to a crimson red.