8

—

"You're awfully happy this morning, any reason for that, Y/N?" Imani questioned her friend next to her as they walked to school on Tuesday morning.

"It's a great morning, isn't it?" Y/N looked ahead of her, Imani confused on what must've happened to make her dear friend very happy today.

Imani didn't respond back, seeing their school not far away from them. Whatever made Y/N happy, Imani thanked for.

"How's Cassie doing?" It was lunch time already and the two girls were at their usual spot, eating away whatever they brought for lunch.

"She's fine, mom has been watching her like a hawk. Only letting her go out for school." Imani couldn't believe it, she wished the teenager had more freedom than what her mom gave her, even if the mother had good intentions.

"We gotta take her out sometime." Y/N agreed, eating another green grape from her zip lock bag.

"Hey ladies, how are we today?" The girls looked up to see Billy and Stu, the guys from yesterday, sitting down in front of the two girls.

"Oh hey, doing well. This girl right here has been all bubbly since this morning." Imani pointed next to her where Y/N sat.

Stu turned to Y/N, "What's the special occasion?"

Y/N obviously couldn't tell them what was making her so happy, it would be insane to bring it up.

"You know, THE Jason Voorhees broke into the house and gave me back my bracelet and was such a sweetheart."

They'd freak out at the mention of the slashers name.

"I just think it's a beautiful day, that's all." Y/N shrugged, continuing to eat her grapes down.

Stu and Billy weren't convinced at all, something big must've happened to make her this cheerful. There's no way she'd be this happy, especially after what happened to her these past few days.

They didn't say anything else, only glancing at the girl as she ate her lunch and conversed with Imani.

The bell rang, indicating that it was time for class. All four stood up, saying their quick goodbyes before heading off to their classes.

"School has been boring, it doesn't help that mom doesn't let me go out anymore." Y/N listened in to what her little sister is saying over the phone. It's been the same thing for Cassie ever since they had to leave the house.