10. Fifteen Years Hence - Hastinapura (Part 1)

Time and Tide waits for none.

The clear sky with beautiful and fluffy clouds stretched for miles and miles, covering the vast expanse. The people of Hastinapura were very happy today. The streets were filled by its people buzzing about like excited bees. Their excitement and happiness can be seen on their smiles. Why should they not be happy? After all, the princes of Hastinapura were arriving today. Both the Pandavas and Kauravas were returning from their Gurukula after ten long years.

The markets were decorated with colourful flowers and clothes. The streets were filled with soldiers for protection. Many daas and daasis littered around with flower plates in hand to welcome the princes. The most beautiful of them all was the Palace of Hastinapura, that was decorated like a bride, with beautiful flowers and expensive clothes. The floor was decorated by daas and daasis in various rangolis of different shape and size, filled with numerous colours and pretty flowers.

A regal woman with blind fold on her eyes can be seen directing the daas and daasis in the corridor leading to various rooms. Behind her stood two of her chief daasis. This woman was none other than the pious lady Maharani Gandhari. Maharani Gandhari said

"Shigra apna karya sampnna karo. (Finish your work fast!) The children will be arriving soon. Malti, I need you to get my puja thali ready!"

Malti replied " Ji maharani! (Yes my Queen) "

Another woman wearing mustard yellow saree with golden white borders and wearing golden necklace was seen coming towards the Maharani Gandhari. Her mere aura spoke of serenity and austerity. A small smile played on her lips.

"Aap ki utsukta aur khushi aap ki mukh par patiyaksh hai, jiji. (Your eagerness and happiness are on your face, elder sister) I haven't seen you this happy in a long time." Maharani Kunti said.

"I know, behena. Today our children are returning. Without them the palace was so silent. Barso baad phirse khushiya ayi hai iss mehel mei behena,iska anand hai hume. (After many years, there is happiness again in this palace, I am happy about it.)"

"Ji jiji. Aap ki tayari sab ho gayi? (Are you finished with all your works?) " Asked Kunti.

"Haa behena (Yes sister). Have you seen Dushala somewhere? I don't know where this girl goes off to when I need her! " Gandhari complained.

A beautiful young girl was seen coming from behind Maharani Gandhari. The girl had luscious black hair in a beautiful style on her head. Her mischievous smile magnified her inner innocence. She signaled to Kunti with a finger on her lips. She slowly went behind Gandhari and wrapped her arms around her in a hug from the back.

"Dushala!" Gandhari said as she jumped at the sudden hug.

"Dekh rahi hai Kaki! (Are you seeing this Aunt?) Maa scolds me even when I hug her! Mujhse to koyi pyaar hi nehi karta iss mehel mei! (No one loves me here!) " pouted Dushala as she complained to Kunti.

Gandhari slapped her hand on her forehead at her daughter's words. Kunti chuckled at the duo.

"Chaliye! (Lets go!)Time is approaching for the princes to arrive." Kunti said.

Both the reverent ladies and the only Princess of the Kuru clan went towards the main gate of the palace. There present was Maharaja Dritharashtra, Mahamahim Bhishma and Mahamantri Vidura.

"Sarri tayaari ho gyai hai Rajkumar o ke agaman ki Gandhari? (Every thing is ready for the arrival of the princes Gandhari?) " Asked Dritharashtra, when he heard the payals of his wife approaching.

"Ji arya! " Replied Gandhari.

"Pranipat Jyesth! " Kunti said to Dritharashtra.

"Kalyan ho Kunti! " Blessed Maharaja.