Attention

I walk into Linden's room and find him playing on an iPad

I take it from his hands and he whines as I put it in the drawer.

"You know the rules, no more than two hours of screen time a day, unless it's tv." I scold him and he pouts.

"Come on, Alexia! Those were moms rules and she's been dead for ages." He complains and I pause.

"Don't mention her death again." I say coldly.

"Alexia, she died when you were 14 years old. You're 17 now! Why do you have to go by moms rules?"

"I just want to make her happy, Linden. I wasn't allowed to have free range of screen time until I was 13. It's what mom would want." I tell him.

He sighs. "Okay, fine." It's silent for a while until he speaks up.

"Alexia?" He sounds sad so I sit next to him and play with his hair.

"Yeah bud?" I say softly and he smiles a little bit.

"I'm sorry for bringing her up." He tells me and I hug him.

"It's okay, Lin. Why don't we go see what Harps doing, yeah?" He nods.

We go into Harper's room and I find her playing Barbie's with Athena.

They both look at us and stand up, leaving the barbies where they are.

"Athena." I nod to her and she nods back. "Alexia."

"Harp, why don't you and Lin find something fun to do, yeah?" She nods and they go off to play.

I walk to my room and Athena follows me for some reason.

"I'm sorry if you don't want me playing with her." She apologizes and I sit at my desk before turning to look at her.

"Don't be sorry, it's fine. I don't have a problem with you Athena, just Victor and his kids. You gave me three hours to run when you could've just let them catch me. Thank you." I tell her.

She smiles. "You're welcome. Harper really is an amazing little girl."

Now I smile. "Yeah, she is."

"