Chapter 21 (last chapter)

Hazel

"Hanna! Bring those cookie back! they're for your mum!" I shout with laughter as my 5 year old daughter runs around the kitchen with a huge smile and giggles escaping her mouth. "But I want them!" She whines.

"Sweetie, I made some for you already, but those ones are for mama since it's her birthday," I smile as I bend down to her level. She crosses her arms, "she's old now"

Just as those words leave her mouth I hear Nova gasp from behind us, "I am not old! I'm only 30!"

"Yeah that's old" Hanna grins. Nova playfully scowls at her before turning to me, "happy birthday my love," I smile, pulling her in for a kiss and hug. "Thank you baby"

"I made you cookies, but this little goblin stole them"

"I am not a goblin! That's rude!" Hanna shouts making the both of us laugh. "Sweetie, why don't you go get mamas presents from the living room?" Hanna nods her head at my request and I take that as my chance to lift Nova up onto the counter and stand between her legs. "Hazel"

I hum and look up at her face that gets more perfect everyday, "I'm so proud of you," she warmly smiles whilst pecking my forehead. "I'm proud of us."

———————————-

Nova

"I'm proud of us," she says. I can see in her eyes that she means it. God I love her so much. I've got my dream life.

A perfect wife that gets more beautiful each day, a lovely daughter that is exactly like Hazel, my dream house on the beach, my dream job which is a veterinarian, and Hazel? Fuck I'm just so proud. She got back into basketball a couple years ago and believe it or not but she's state champion.

"I have your presents mama!" Hanna shouts coming back into the kitchen. "Thank you baby," Hazel smiles whilst handing me the first one out of the bag. I'm surprised Hanna could even carry it. Then again, she probably dragged it now that I think about it.

I open the first one and smile at the necklace, it's a heart pendent that opens, inside is a picture of Hazel and I from when we were teenagers. "It's beautiful," I smile. The next presents I open are things like, shoes, clothes, perfumes, candles, makeup, and even this ring I've been wanting for months. "I'm glad you like it all" she kisses me before Hanna cuts her off, "mama open my present!" I happily take the gift from Hanna's hands and open it. It's a white picture frame that has been painted with all kinds of things by Hanna. The picture inside is of the day Hazel and I got married. 2 years ago. And we're holding 3 year old Hanna in our arms. "It's lovely baby, the drawings are adorable, just like you" I smile at her making that adorable grin come out.

"Now, go get ready, Hanna and I have the whole day planned out" Hazel says.

Fuck I have the perfect life.

Aaaaand I lied. It wasn't gonna be a long chapter lol. But hey, go read my other books xo. Hope you liked this one though.