Chapter 12

What the hell happened last night.

I don't even bother opening my eyes when I wake up instead, I let out a groan, this doesn't feel like a normal hangover I feel like I have been hit by a bus.

It must've been a bad night; I don't even remember most of it. The last thing I can recall was dancing with that blonde guy, I didn't even like him I just wanted to make Aaron angry. How did I get home?

"Thank god you're finally awake." A familiar masculine voice says.

My eyes immediately snap open to see I'm in the living room with a big fur blanket over me, to my left I see Cole sprawled across the other side of the sofa.

"Why am I in here and not in my bedroom? What the hell happened last night?" I ask him confused.

He sits up with and frowns at me "What is the last thing you remember?"

"I was dancing with that blonde guy last night then nothing." I reply concerned by the look in his face.

He gets up and sits next to me, moving the blanket so he could get under it. "Florence that was three days ago, that blonde guy drugged you. If it wasn't for Aaron, he would've kidnapped you."

I think I'm going to throw up.

I have a million questions to ask him, but nothing comes out, I'm speechless. How has it been three days? Why did that man target me? How did Aaron help me?

Cole must've read my mind as he starts to explain. "Aaron noticed you go limp in the guy's arms after you took the shots, he immediately got you and you could barely keep your eyes open. We got the two men back to our warehouse and whilst you were getting treated by the doctor, we got information out of them." He paused and looked at me.

I nodded for him to continue. "The Spanish mafia had ordered them to go out and find girls to bring into the rings, you and Jessica were targeted."

I slap my hand over my mouth and let out a gasp "Oh my god where is Jessica? Where is she?" I try get up, but my body is too weak.

"Please Flo don't try to move your body is still in recovery. Jessica is safe I got her out of there, she was checked out and flew back to London the day after." I sigh in relief.

I look around the room again and now I'm seriously confused 'wait why am I in her and not in my room? And where is Aaron?"

"He had to attend meetings and ordered me to make sure you don't almost die again, I brought you in here because I didn't fancy being shot between the eyes for being in your room alone with you so for the past two and a half days, we've been chilling here watching greys anatomy." He looks at me as I try move again.
"Flo, you got to top moving, or you'll rip the IV out of your arm and I'll throw up".

I look at my arm then back at Cole and then to the bag of fluids hanging behind me "First of all I hate being called Flo, secondly when the hell did that get in my arm and thirdly how the hell do you torture and murder people but are afraid of a needle?"

"First of all, I will never stop calling you Flo, secondly how else would you have stayed hydrated over the past few days and thirdly, I'd rather be stabbed by a knife than injected with a needle" he replies shivering at the thought of a needle.

I laugh and look at the TV, he is on the episode where Meredith is holding a homemade bomb in a man's chest. Cole has popcorn and is now fixated back onto the screen. We sit in silence for the next two episodes, the only noise in the room was him gasping at the bomb going off and thinking Meredith was dead.

Once the episode is over and there is no more popcorn left, I break the silence. "Tell me about Aaron."

"What?" He looks at me like I just asked him to murder his mother.

"Tell me something, anything about him." I don't know anything about him, he can't just be the cold-hearted act he portrays to everyone.

"I won't tell you about Aarons personal life, it's not my story to tell. But I will tell you mine that has Aaron involved." I nod for him to tell me everything.

"Aaron and I have been friends since birth, he was born exactly a month before me. My father was close to Aarons, he was the right-hand man that stayed in the shadows to any other person he looked like an ordinary man who had nothing to do with mafia leaders. He helped Aaron's father build up the empire." He paused looking down at his hands as if the next part was hard to explain.

"When I was ten years old my parents were killed in a car crash, it wasn't an accident but an assassination to try tear down the Russo empire. Obviously, it didn't, but I lost everything and was about to be homeless." He looks up at me and smiles, I let him continue explaining.

"Aaron convinced his father to take me in and start training together, it was common knowledge I was going to be second in command with how close we were and Aaron having no siblings. His father agreed and I spent every day with him training, sometimes Vienna would join us, but she also had different training since she was younger and well... going to be a woman in the mafia." I frown at him.

He raises his hands and continues "Hey that isn't a bad thing, not in the Russo empire unlike other mafias women are respected and valued here. They are the minds of our missions and have a tool for missions that us men don't... seduction." I roll my eyes at his remark.

"Okay okay back to my story." He lets out a sigh "We trained together every day until we got older, then his father took him away for a different type of training that I didn't get to do, so I continued my normal training. Before Aaron used to laugh, play around and joke with me but he was never the same after the first day he went to train with his father, however our bond never changed."

He lifts my legs up and moves closer, slowly placing my legs back down onto him. "Look Flo, what I am trying to say is I owe my life to him. I wouldn't be here today without him I'd probably be on the streets or a drug addict. He is my brother, and I would do anything for him. I mess around and joke but when the time comes, I would die for him, he is my person."

"Play the next episode." I ask. He smiles and nods in return.

I didn't want to pity Cole since I knew he would hate it but there was nothing else I could do so we watched greys anatomy in silence for the next few hours. My head is spinning with what Cole told me.

I can't help but think about what things Aaron's father made him do at such a young age that changed him forever and if Cole was serious about dying for Aaron. I know a bond is strong but is it strong enough to end your life to save another?

My thoughts drain me, I start to feel tired and decide to take a nap, it was a lot of information to take in and the shock has finally worn off, I shut my eyes and slip away into the darkness.

———————————————————————————

This is a short chapter but I wanted you to get the feel of Aaron as a person and Cole more !!!

Let me know what you think 🫶🏽🫶🏽