Chapter 24 - That Dream Again

It was almost a month and Jianyu was trying to find a good date to help Xiao Qi to escape from the jail with Bao Ji's help. Since she's the servant of Miss Xiao Qi, most of the guards strictly watch her movements and it was so hard for her to do her work.

Meanwhile for Bao Ji, he's trying to keep Zhang Shen busy and not trying to urge him to let Xiao Qi go anymore. His behaviour was actually seen by Zhang Shen and it kinda makes him curious.

"Bao Ji…" he called him with a serious voice. That moment, both of them were outside of the palace in the forest, going for a haunted training. They're riding a horse.

"Yes, your majesty?" Bao Ji riding a horse beside him.

"I realized that you've been quite silent these past few days?" He asked.

"I thought you didn't want to ask…" he smiled at Zhang Shen.

"I feel like it was quite calm than usual…" he replied.

"I just don't have anything to talk to…there's no tea either…" said Bao Ji to him.

"How about you and Jianyu? Both of you seemed so close day by day and I thought I might hear a good news~" Zhang Shen teased him.

"Zhang Shen…I'm still service as your bodyguard and I can't just leave you as I want" he explained.

"I understand your loyalty towards me but love is something that you need to chase before it's gone…" Zhang Shen advised him.

"Aren't you also the same? Let go of a lover just because of the rules of the empire…" Bao Ji turned the table. Zhang Shen giggled and sighed.

"Love doesn't mean anything to me once it comes to royalty…Emperor must uphold justice no matter what happened, can't be compared to your story" he replied Bao Ji.

"Are you sure with that answer?" Bao Ji asked him again.

"What do you mean?" Zhang Shen frowned.

"You said love didn't matter once it comes to royalty but if it's Miss Qin who's the one that's trying to kill someone you love in the family, would you do the same as what you do now?" He asked a triggered question to Zhang Shen.

He didn't respond to anything but Bao Ji knew that something came up in his mind and heart about his question just now. Zhang Shen must have a different thought than what he just said to him just now. What he said with mouth was automatically from his brain. But the real answer was actually in his heart.

"Let's not talk about this…" he ended.

"You started it first…this is why I didn't talk about anything with you…" Bao Ji said and Zhang Shen remained silent.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Psst…psst…psst!!" Jianyu whispered softly to Xiao Qi who looked very weak in her cell.

"W-who's there?" She asked with a weak eyesight.

"It's me Jianyu!" She said, tried to grab her even though she knows she can't.

"J-Jianyu…what are you doing here?" She leaned forward at the cell poles.

"Helping you to escape from here of course, there's no guards that are coming yet but I still can't stay here for a long time…" She said while looking around. Then, Xiao Qi suddenly grabbed Jianyu's arm.

"Yes?" Jianyu asked.

"No need to…" Xiao Qi replied gently.

"What?"

"No need to save me from here, I can rely on myself to get out of here…" she continued.

"But Miss Xiao, you're dying and remember that you bring another life inside you! Bao Ji and I can't just let you die as a scapegoat!" She urged her.