Chapter 27 - Two Separated Hearts

**Three months later**

"Xing? Aren't you supposed to be at the palace?" Zhen asked when he suddenly saw her sitting peacefully.

"My job is done there..." she said.

"What do you mean?" He was confused.

"Xiao Qi, finally can be reincarnated to the next life" she said.

"Then, Zhang Shen?" Huang asked.

"He needs to wait just like how she is," she answered.

"How sad," Huang sighed.

"They're destined to be together but not in this life..." Xing said.

Huang and Zhen looked at each other, curious about another thing.

"Aren't you a tiger in the palace?" Huang asked.

"I ran away, my job is to take care of Xiao Qi, not that family. They deserve to die and can't be reincarnated according to what the destinies have written. However, Xiao Qi's love is only Zhang Shen. No one can replace any of them" she said.

"So they need to be reincarnated together in order to make them reunited?" Zhen guessed and she nodded.

The three guardians looked at each other and smiled. They can't believe that Xiao Qi and Zhang Shen's love story will be this complicated.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Zhang Shen" The Empress entered Zhang Shen's working room just to find out her only son is working too hard these past few days.

"Mother" he answered her with a hoarse voice. After that tragic day, she never saw him smiling anymore, even though he's already accepted the fate. She knows that he still feels so wronged about what happened.

"Did you have time for me?" She asked.

"Sure I have..." he stood up

"Please, I just wanna talk about a few things, sit" she said and Zhang Shen sat back.

"You can't just stay like this, filling up your day with work, empire and war...this palace didn't have any difference with the graveyard! I don't want happiness to drain..." she said.

"I'm sorry mother but it's been too long when I was resting, I procrastinated too much work...if you don't mind" he said, wanting to continue his work.

"I know losing her was too unacceptable for you but she must be sad knowing that you suffer yourself like this" she tried to convince him.

"She hates me...this is what she wants" he mocked himself.

"No, she loves you...if she didn't, why would she keep something that you gave her?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" He asked in confusion.

"I need to go now, Chenguang might bring her way here...have a further talk with her" she said and walked out. Leaving Zhang Shen in curiosity.

Then, Chenguang entered the room.

"You come as my mother told?" He immediately asked.

"No, I came as I wanted...did mother be here just now?" She asked back.

"Yes...she said you'll come, knowing that you're really here, I thought you have something to tell me" he said.

"I've been keeping a secret about Xiao Qi for a long time..." she said in calm. His eyes narrowed and his jaw tight hearing what she said.

"Don't be mad but this is what she requested of me, The Empress, Jianyu and Yanyu" she said.

"You're here to tell the secret," he said.

"After that night you do with her, a few days after that, she's sick..." she said. Zhang Shen narrowed his eyes.

"She's pregnant with your child..." she said and it made his eyes widened.

"W-what did you say?!" He immediately stood up.

"She's pregnant with your child, she's with your child all of this time, even me and Yanyu have tried to convince her to tell you about this but she doesn't want to...I'm sorry Zhang Shen but she doesn't want her child to be in the palace...that's why-" she stopped.

"She brought our child together...how can she become so cruel?" he laughed in pain.

"Zhang Shen, I've warned you before...how can you forget?" She asked and it made him feel disappointed in himself.

"I'm out now" she said and walked out.

Then, Zhang Shen shouts and throws everything in his room. He not only killed his lover but he killed his own child.

"I'm the one who should die!! Not her!! I am!" He said with tears, leaning in disappointment. He walked out and went to the tree where she buried her.

He sat, leaning back at it and smiling with tears still flowing.

"Xiao Qi...I'm sorry...did you hear me? I apologize for everything, why didn't you tell me about the child?" His voice cracked while his vision blurred with tears.

"Am I that bad for you to not even tell me about this? Can't you forgive me? Xiao Qi! Answer me!" He shouted and whined in sadness. What he hoped for when the love died a long time ago.

"Why I need to be so stupid...if I trust you, we must be very happy now, waiting for our child, smiling together, laughing together" he tried to smile but failed. His loss is just the definition of losing his whole life. His world is now dark, sad and gloomy.

As the sadness and disappointment ruling his mind. He decided to end his life there, under the tree. He's swearing that he'll bring back what he should in the next life.

"I-I'll c-com-me b-back...t-to you" he died and it was the end of the Zhang dynasty.