Chapter 2

"Another vampire incident... " the blonde announced to all the vampire slayers as everyone didn't bother to look up from his work they all just sighed. It wasn't their fault. Everyone has been pulling all nighters just to solve all these vampire cases. More of these vampires just keep on popping up all because of that new vampire that appeared in Yokohama a month ago. Even with the help of the best detectives,  like Rampo, they couldn't find who the vampire was. They had to do something fast or else human population will decrease. It seems that it's only that one vampire which gives them such a hard time.

"Dazai, come with me. We're going to see if it's the same vampire. "Without hesitation,  Kunikida placed the paper and file down to his table and knocked Dazai's table softly. That caught Dazai's attention as his gaze which was at the floor looked up to the blonde. Dazai nodded softly as Kunkida asked a ginger,  who was enjoying a cup of tea from across the room to follow. Chuuya clicked hin tongue in annoyance when his name was called,  he placed his cup down and adjusted his vest before following the two. Also known as the gravity manipulator, Chuuya worked as a vampire slayer. He had to admit he was pretty good with his job. You can only kill vampires if you shoot them in the head with a silver bullet or decapitate them. Going with what he's good at, Chuuya decapitated the vampire's head instead, by crushing it's skull altogether or using his dagger to slit the throat before going further. Vampires didn't have healing abilities but they could heal faster than humans. For example, a simple paper cut. Humans would usually take about 3-4 days for the cut to be completely gone, vampires only need 1-2 days. In the modern world, vampires aren't immortal, they just live 3-5 years longer compared to humans.The vampire slayers have good mental strength because if the pure blooded vampires really tried, they can control humans. That's a bit of a bummer. However, the worst part of vampires is when they try to bite you, you honestly really can't do anything. You won't be able to use your ability if you have any. Let's say you have fighting skills and you tried to use it on the vampire, bad choice, vampires are way stronger than humans. Your punch is like a soft gentle touch to them. So, to avoid that from happening, the vampire slayers usually maintain their distances and never drop their weapons.

The trio arrived at the scene. They did it so many times that the police didn't even needed to verify who they were to let them see the corpse. With a simple wave as a hello, the police lifted the "Do Not Enter" tape to let all three of them to enter. White fabric covering the corpse,  Dazai didn't even hesitate to pull it away and take a good look at the dead body. Two fang marks but no blood. "Same vampire! " He called out to Kunikida who adjusted his glasses with Chuuya sighing. So far, that same vampire has killed 23 humans and 2 vampires. Never left any of them alive and no evidence. Even if he somehow accidentally left evidence, the clues will suddenly break after a while and then they will be at square one again. That was what was so annoying. No evidence,  no blood, nothing. Not even fingerprints. Even Dazai didn't know how that vampire did that.

Being a vampire himself, he could smell the scent that was left behind by the vampire. It was always the same one. However,  despite all searching, trying to trace the scent from where it came from, Dazai couldn't find anyone who had the same  scent. It was infuriating, even for him, who was always composed.

The blonde behind him walked over and asked, "How do you know that? "He raised a brow. Dazai smiled and replied, "No evidence,  two fang marks and the body doesn't have blood on it. " Kunikida and Chuuya nodded as both went to the police officers to tell them it was the same vampire.

Now,  you might be wondering why Dazai didn't tell Kunikida and Chuuya that it was the same scent as all the other bodies right? Well, that's because only Vampires can smell it. Dazai hasn't told any of the vanpire slayers that he was a vampire yet. It was a bit of a hassle to pass the vampire check every member has to take before they can join the vampire slayers though. Blood tests, eyes and brain waves were some of the tests. They didn't want any of their vampire slayers dying because of a vampire in disguise. Dazai passed the blood test by taking the tube and placing it in a small case he hid. He passed the eye test by disabling the slight electric shock which came out of the wires but nade it look like it was still on. Vampire's eyes turn red by just a slight electrocution or forcefully. He passed the rest of the tests by shapeshifting objects to look like him and other cunning ways to escape all the tests. At the end,  he passed the test and successfully joined the vampire slayers. You might be thinking why a vampire, like him, wants to help the vampire slayers who kill his own kind right?  There must obviously be a good reason.

However, Dazai wasn't keen on telling the vampire slayers yet or should I say, he will keep that secret to his grave.