Chapter 12

Thankfully, Dazai was able to make Kyouka narrate what happened but it took longer than expected. It took about 1 hour. That was double of 30 minutes. He was slightly scared that the same vampire would attack Chuuya again and he won't be there to save him in time. That was probably one of his worst nightmares. So, once he was done, when the president approved of Dazai leaving, the brunette rushed back home.

He sighed in relief mentally when he reached home, he didn't smell any blood. He relaxed his tensed muscles and slowly took off his shoes and went to the itched to make some tea for Chuuya and himself. However, in Chuuya's room, the ginger was happily reading his book and heard the door close silently from outside, he was thinking of going outside to greet Dazai but when he turned to face the window, he saw a black figure outside. Chuuya's eyes widened, "I must be imaging things because I'm tired..." he muttered to no one in particular as he rubbed his eyes. Sure enough, when he opened his eyes once again, the figure was gone. Chuuya rolled his eyes as he swung his legs out of the blanket and walked to the door only to feel a hand cover his mouth. The Ginger's eyes widened once again as he gave an elbow to the mysterious figure behind him and it was stopped by a hand clutching his fist. Chuuya didn't give up though, being the determined person he was, he tired walking backward and that resulted in a loud thud when the vampire's leg hit the bed. The vampire's grip tightened before he spoke, "Calm down. I'm not going to hurt you." Upon hearing that, Chuuya didn't believe but did as told. The vampire's grip on his wrist and mouth loosened as his arms fell to his side. Chuuya breathed in fresh air once again and turned to see the same vampire who attacked him. "You're Osamu's feeding vessel right?" Chuuya scoffed, "That's mean. I'm his boyfriend." The vampire bowed down as an apology of his rudeness. The ginger sighed as he asked, "And who are you?" The vampire didn't reply but asked back another question, "Does Osamu trust you?" Chuuya felt irritated at how the vampire didn't answer his question but kept it to himself. "I'm certain he trusts me." The vampire sighed in relief, wiping non-existent tears from his eyes. "I knew he would find someone eventually. Please tell him to meet me at the abandoned building where I attacked you. By the way, sorry for attacking you the other time." Chuuya gave a look of disbelief as he asked back, "How do I know whether you'll attack Osamu or not?" The vampire chuckled, "You can come as well if you want." Chuuya nodded, "I'll come." The vampire chuckled once more, "If that's what you say!"

That attitude this old man has, it reminded Chuuya of someone. That's right. It was Dazai Osamu. The one and only. Chuuya smirked, "You act a lot like him, you sure you have no connection with him?" Chuuya said that as a joke but the man in front of him was the one to stare in disbelief. "Well, yes, I have a complicated relationship with him. Chuuya stifled a cough as he managed a smile and agreed. That's when the vampire opened the window and jumped out of it. Chuuya raised an arm and tired to stop the vampire, "Wai-" but it was too late. The vampire was gone and Dazai rushed in. "Chuuya, you okay? I heard a thud." Chuuya quickly made an excuse, "Nothing's wrong. I just saw a blog spider outside and I bumped my feet on the bed." Dazai's eyes softened and chuckled, "If that's what you say!" That sentence made Chuuya hold his breath. That was similar enough to mean something. "Hey, Osamu...Can Iask you Seo thing about your parents?" Dazai tilted his head in confusion. "Sure...?" Chuuya sat the both down. "You should know already that my mother passed away when I was born. I'm closer to my father since he took care of me. What else is there you want to know?" Dazai went straight into the topic. He wasn't comfortable about this topic and Chuuya knew so he felt a tint of guilt. He willed himself as the question left his mouth, "What happened to your father?" Dazai immediately fell silent, his mouth closed as his eyes glanced around the room. "Why do you want to know?" After a few second of silence, Dazai asked. Chuuya stuttered, "J...it's curious..." Dazai looked at Chuuya suspiciously. "He got killed by other pure blood vampires..." Chuuya stifled a gasp but whist he found strange was that if both his parents were dead, what other relationships does Dazai have with that vampire that nearly scared the living hell out of him. "I..is that so. That's all.Thank you for telling me." Chuuya said rather rushed as Dazai tilted his head as he glanced at Chuuya who was thinking of leaving the room but got stopped by Dazai who lightly gripped Chuuya's wrists. "Something happened when I wasn't here, right?" The ginger bit his lower lip. "Like I said, nothing happened. I just suddenly thought of that question." Dazai didn't buy it as he pulled Chuuya into an embrace. "Chuuya, you know you can tell ''em anything right?" Chuuya hesitantly nodded but he broke the hug after a while. "It's really nothing, Osamu." Despite that, despite Dazai trusting Chuuya fully, he didn't believe Chuuya. He didn't let go of Chuuya. "I'm not letting young go until you tell me what really happened." Dazai announced loud enough for Chuuya to hear. "Osamu, believe me. It's nothing. It really was a spider." Dazai gave him a look which meant he was serious as the brunette pulled the ginger closer to him again. He sat him forcefully down on his bed as he didn't break his stare from Chuuya who was visibly panicking. "You're not injured right?" Dazai lifted a brow. Chuuya shook his head quickly as he tried thinking of a lie. He knew it wouldn't fool Dazai but he couldn't just tell his lover that the pure blood vampire suddenly appeared in his room and told him to meet him at the abandoned building, right?" He's sure Dazai would actually kill that vampire. Relationship, what relationship. That's when something clicked in his head. That vampire had black hair and red eyes since he was a vampire. However, his eyes were purple when Chuuya saw him earlier. He remembered Dazai describing his father before one time.

"He had black hair and purple eyes. He was a doctor and a scientist as well."

Chuuya glanced at Dazai who was still waiting for him to tell him a answer. Huuya gulped down hard, "Someone told me to let you meet him at the abandoned building where I was attacked..." Dazai lifted a brow again, "And who was that 'someone?" Chuuya glanced away, "No idea. But I think we can trust him." Dazai knew he shouldn't doubt his lover but he was finding hat Chuuya said suspicious. "You sure that's all that happened?" Chuuya nodded, "Including the spider." Dazai sighed as he gently let go of Chuuya and agreed. "Fine, we'll go there tonight." Chuuya thanked Dazai as h estood up and went out of the room. Dazai behind him pushed the scalpel back into it's place as he followed Chuuya out. "Thank god that was the real Chuuya." He mumbled to himself. He knew it was wrong to think that Chuuya wasn't the real Chuuya but Dazai had tot hunk that way as he was aware of the sudden suspicious actions and excuses so he had to suspect.