Seven

SEVEN | VICIOUS

The world is spinning. Very fast. My stomach feels like it's been twisted up in knots and I feel like I might barf.

Tyra, fucking Tyra, convinced me to do shots with her. I don't know why I agreed, probably because of Tim, fucking Tim. I can't believe that jerk. What's his deal anyway? Maybe he'd be a more redeemable person if he didn't sleep with his paralyzed best friend's girlfriend.

But who am I to judge?

I flop down on a couch in the basement. I lost Tyra again - how long ago was that? I can't remember. Time is slinking by at a snail's pace and the alcohol isn't helping. The basement is less crowded and little quieter than upstairs - providing me a safe haven to sulk. The smell of weed permeates the air, but I'm too drunk to really care. At least it's not coke, or pills.

To each their own.

"What the fuck is she doing here?"

Ah shit.

Drew and Carla are standing halfway down the stairs, sneering at me with red solo cups clutched in their hands. I can almost see the steam blowing out of Drew's ears.

I close my eyes and sink lower into the couch, hoping that maybe if I just pretend I'm asleep they'll go away.

"Who the fuck invited you?" Drew asks, her voice shrill.

I squint one of my eyes open, "Who invited you?"

"She's probably high out of her mind, Drew. Let's go." Carla places a hand on Drew's arm but she shoves her away, her eyes laser focused on me. Drew was always the dominant one of the pair - Carla forever the little follower.

Before I can move, Drew is storming across the basement floor and backhands me across the face.

"What the fuck, you bitch!" I stand, clutching my stinging face.

The smack was so loud the room has gone silent, everyone now watching the drama unfold before their eyes.

"You shouldn't be here." Drew growls.

Carla stands behind her, still on the stairs, eyes almost bugging out of her head. Drew was the main catalyst behind my suffering for many years, but she's never resorted to violence.

Tears prick my eyes as I clutch my face, feeling a lump forming in my throat. My face is burning.

"You ruined everything, Kasey. Everything. We would have gone to state if it hadn't been for your fucked up life, your drugs, your fucked up boyfriend..." Drew is inches away from my face, eyes dark and venomous.

I swallow hard, "I don't...I'm.."

Drew scoffs, "You never even apologized. Never bothered to explain. Just left. Abandoned us because you're a selfish piece of shit."

Tears and regret are building up inside me, like a volcano getting ready to burst. She's right. That's the worst part - the most painful part. I know I abandoned them. I know I left the entire team hanging right before state.

"I know. You don't need to remind me, Drew. I know." I choke out, the tears erupting and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

"You're pathetic, you know that? Nobody feels bad for you. You chose to fuck up your own life." Drew looks me up and down, full of contempt and disgust.

Then she leaves, stomps up the stairs with Carla trailing behind her.

Everybody is staring at me and I can feel my face turn red. I'm standing here, drunk and crying, I'm somebody's basement and they're all staring at me.

I should have never come to this stupid fucking party.

•••

Howdy y'all!

Thought I'd spice up the story a little with some drama lol.

Anyways, hope y'all like this chapter and I might update again soon but who knows. Thanks for those who have kept reading despite the inconsistent updates!