One: Different

Make me yours and I'm not leavin'
I know for sure you're all I needed
I can't believe I didn't see it
We took our time, the space we needed

~ Different, Joshua Bassett

Olivia's POV

January 10th, 2021

This was it. My life was officially ruined. Two days ago I had released Driver's License and here I was about to be a mom. A teen mom.

In a month I'd be eighteen.

I flipped the positive test over in my hands while tears rolled down my cheeks. Could I really do this, without Josh?

In a small matter of months, season 2 of High School Musical:The Musical:The Series (better known as HSMTMTS) would be on screens around the world, and I'd be expected by my parents and friends to watch as Ricky and Nini played on-screen lovers while sobbing because in reality, Ricky had actually cheated on Nini with some stupid blonde girl and it'd have been all for show.

Sometimes, I hated being famous.

But now, as the tears continued to mark my face and my hands trembled, I let out a mournful wail at this very fact: I was going to raise a baby, alone.

"Olivia, are you okay, honey?" Mom asked as she knocked lightly on the bathroom door.

I opened the door, allowing my mom to come in as I sat on the side of the tub, the test still in my hands.

"I can't do this, Mom. I can't do this, and act like everything's okay. What am I going to do?" I sobbed.

Mom sighed, sitting on the floor beside me, before peeking at the two very dark lines that marked the test.

"You're strong, baby. You're stronger than me, even. You've handled this breakup and cheating really well. I know it's not what you had planned, but hey, maybe this'll be a good thing."

"Yeah, sweetheart. Your mom's right. And, look, if you don't think you can do this, we'll help you. Okay?" Dad responded at the doorway.

I wiped my tears, not caring that my mascara was running, and hugged my parents.

I hoped they were right.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Eight months later

September 18th, 2021

Doctor Winter smiled as I let out one last scream, and she wrapped the baby in a hospital blanket before placing her on my chest.

Mom held my hand the entire time, not failing to reassure me that we'd be okay.

Dad laughed joyously as he kissed my forehead, and my parents gently rubbed Lily's cheeks.

"She's beautiful. And here I was thinking she'd be funny looking," I said honestly.

Mom chuckled as I handed her over to Dad.

He smiled at the baby in his arms.

"Hello, Lily dear," He whispered.

I smiled and wiped the tears that fell. I was a mom.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The weeks went by fast, the months faster, and a whole ten and a half months went by before I knew it.

On Saturday night, the day before August started, I was sitting on the couch with my parents, Lily sitting on my lap, mindlessly staring at the TV as I ate popcorn.