35

Namjoon and I were now both tied at 2 correct answers. We just needed one more to win.

"Alright, next. Name three countries that can have "the" in front of their names." I was about to ring the bell when I felt a firm hand snake around my waist quickly. Butterflies erupted all over. I looked to my right to see Namjoon ring the bell, staring straight to avoid eye contact with me. Sneaky bitc-

"That would be The Netherlands, The United Kingdom, and The United States." Namjoon said smiling.

"Correct!" Dawon said standing up. All of the boys began punching Namjoon. Some complaining, and some asking him how he knew the answer. I stood there in shock and slight anger. How dare he try that move on me. I would need to get him back somehow.

"Well I guess that decides it. Namjoon hyung can choose." Jin said, plopping down on the couch. Everyone spread out to all the couches, eagerly waiting for Namjoon to choose. I sighed and sat next to Jimin who places his hand around my shoulder, noticing that I was upset that I didn't win. Namjoon eyed us from across the room.

"Yah Chaewonie, you're just like our Jungkookie. All upset and pouty when they lose." Jimin said squishing my cheek. I slapped his hands away. I heard Hobi giggle next to me, and I turned around and glared at him. He quickly covered his mouth with his hand.

"Okay, Namjoon, go ahead." Olivia said, handing him the bowl with all of the papers. Namjoon looked up and met eyes with me, giving me a soft smile. He then started examining the bowl suspiciously.

"Just choose already!" Yoongi exclaimed. Namjoon nodded and dug his hand in to the bowl, picking out a piece of paper.

He opened it. "Morocco." Jungkook's hand shot up.

"That was mine!" He said excitedly. Namjoon pursed his lips. "Sorry, JK. I'm going to pick another one." Jungkook nodded, surprisingly not that upset about it. I reached out and tapped his knee. "You aren't upset?"

"Nah, I went last year with my family." Jungkook said smiling at me. I nodded softly.

Namjoon dug his hand in and within a second, confidently pulled out one slip of paper. I noticed it had a blue marker smudge on it.

"Italy." He said looking straight at me. My mouth dropped and I stood up, excitedly squealing. The boys also stood up, having mixed reactions. Some were happy, others were happy but bummed that their place didn't get picked.

"Did you do something?" I mouthed to Namjoon.

He just shrugged.

-

We were now gathered around the table, finishing up our takeout dinner. I stood up to grab a few plates from people that were within reach and headed to the kitchen to place them in the sink. Namjoon followed.

"H-"

"What did you do?" I asked crossing my arms.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said, also crossing his arms.

"You did something." I said.

"I did?"

"Yes, you did." I said looking away from him.

"Did I do this?" Namjoon looped his finger into one of my jeans loops and pulled me in. I stared at him in shock. "N-No not th-"

"Hmm. Then this?" He leaned down and kissed me. My face flushed red, but I still held my ground. Seeing this, Namjoon decided to give in.

"Alright. I just marked your paper with a blue mark so that if I won, I'd pick yours." He said, looking down into my eyes. I huffed. I really hated winning without actually deserving it. But at the same time, I found it so adorable that he would do this.

"Thank you. You didn't have to do that." I said.

"To be honest, I wanted to go to Italy too. And, I wanted my girl to be happy." He said placing a strand of my hair behind my ear.

My eyebrows furrowed. "I'm not your girl. Don't get ahead of yourself." I walked towards the fridge, grabbing my water bottle and headed back out to the dining room. Namjoon looked at me with wide eyes, slightly shocked at my bluntness.

But it was true. What were we?