Part 15

Arnav was extremely stressed, he called her few more times and it's still switched off..

' where the hell are you Khushi??' ... he murmured in anger spacing in his living room...

He was trying to think where she can go in this hour.
He looked at the clock and it's almost 40 minutes he reached home but no sign of Khushi.. he decided to call Anjali and asked if Khushi went to her place..

Picking up the call Anjali started blabbering as of her nature...

' Hello Chote!! Finally you remembered your Di.. ha??You know, me and Shyam ji was planning to visit you tomorrow.. and where is Khushi?? It has been weeks I talked to her.. we always talk to each other more than twice a week but from past few weeks she is not answering my calls.. what happened? Are you guys ok?'

Arnav's started panicking more understanding Anjali has no clue about Khushi... he said, ' we are fine Di.. I just called to check on you.. anws will talk to you later...'
He cut the phone in hurry, cursing himself for not having any of her's friends phone number. Little did he know that one day he had to face a situation like that .. He tried to think what should be his logical step now,before calling police..

' No.. Khushi.. You can't do this to me.. You can't....you promised you will never leave me.. You can't betray me over and over... you can't leave me.. you promised dammit...'

Flashback:...

4 months after their marriage.. it was Arnav's birthday. Khushi was extremely excited for his birthday, at first it's his first birthday with her, secondly she is head to toe in love with him and recently this realization of love hitting her so hard. She was little desperate to make him realize her love and take their relationship to the next level without uttering any words about it. She was too shy to open up about intimacy..

So, not only she started taking extra care of his needs (foods, clothes, files), calling and texting him frequently to check if he had his food or when will he come home, getting more cozy with him but also she started getting dressed and wearing little makeup up, nice perfume right before he came from work, she was trying her best to make him realize she also loves him without telling him that and was hoping maybe he will take an initiative to take their relationship to the next level, they already kissed few times but he always stopped himself from going more further and now she desperately wants him to take it further and was hoping he will understand her unsaid words but looks like it's not an easy job because first day when she dressed up in a light pink floral maxi dress, she wears the floral perfume he gifted her saying he loves the smell, she also wears light makeup and returning from work,he asked her with concern..  

'Khushi are you going somewhere? I will take you if you want to go somewhere..Please don't go alone at this time,this city is still new for you..'

With confusion she said, 'I am not going anywhere Arnav ji..'
' oh I thought you are going somewhere..'
she nodded negatively and he went back to his daily routine totally not understanding her gestures..

Next day also after coming from work he asked her the same question If she is going somewhere.. the day when she wears yellow sleeveless anarkali and white stoned bindi, lots of bengals, little sindoor.. he asked her with confusion..' Is anyone coming home Khushi? Did you invite Di?Are they coming?'

' No Arnavji, no one is coming...'
' ok.. Am I missing anything.. is there any special occasion today? Any pooja or any Indian festival..'

' No .. why are you asking this?'
He laughed a little looking at her, ' Khushi, ghar pe aise saj dhaj ke kon betha rehta hai... be comfortable na..' ( who sits at home getting ready like this)