Part 12

Khusi received a text, a day before for meeting Druhv today in Purple Orchid Coffee shop. As she was not responsing he continuously called her this morning, which she did not attend either. Later she texted him saying she will meet him, as she wants to get over with it as soon as possible..

Entering the coffee shop she saw Druhv is standing in a line.. She went near him and called him but he didn't look at her, she went little closer and her feet slipped.. She hissed in pain. Druhv turned and held her arms...

'khushi.. You Ok?' Druhv asked..

She nodded in yes.. Without leaving her arm, he made her seat in a chair near by.. Khushi removed his hand from her shoulder with a jerk.. He kept looking at her for few seconds..

Taking the chair in front of her, he said.. 'Thanks for coming..'

She again nooded her head, she is feeling so uncomfortable and anxious.. What the hell she was thinking that she came here. Now she is thinking probably it was not a good idea..

'Druhv listen..'

Cutting her he said , ' I am coming straight from work.. I need a coffee.. what do you want..'

She sighed.. 'I am ok....'
'Come on khushi.. You can at least have a coffee with me, what's the big deal or you want lemonade, I remember you used to love lemonade..'

' I don't want anything.. Thanks.. I actually need to talk to you..'

'Of course we will talk.. What's so hurry?'

'I have hurry.. I don't have a whole day to waste here.. I need to go home..'
she said with little anger, seeing his casual behavior as if they are here on a date..

Druhv looked down sadly.. Khushi felt little bad, she is here to ask forgiveness but she is getting rude with him.. She composed her voice..

' I am sorry Druhv, I know what I did was wrong and I am not going to justify it by saying I was helpless.. Yes I was helpless but I think I didn't try hard enough to reach you, to inform you that I am getting married.which I should have done. You deserved an explanation and I am sorry I didn't give it to you.. '

Druhv didn't reply anything.. Khushi continued..
' Druhv whatever happened should not be happened the way it happened but it was meant to happen.. '

' what do you mean?? ..'

' I and you were not meant to be.. '

' how easy for you to say that.. '

' I know, I hurt you but we were young and I kind of went with the flow.. People do have past, like we do.. I am apologizing to you for everything. That's all I can say now.. '

Her phone vibrated, she saw Arnav calling.. At first she thought to pick up the call but later she thought let her finish this and than she will call him to pick her up from here. Though she is very afraid to talk but whatsoever she will be done talking to Arnav today only.. She was somwhere confident he will understand her... May be he will be sad and angry but he has to know, enough of this hide and seek..Cutting the call she texted him, she will call him later..

Druhv smiled a little and said,' I know khusi you were never ready for Arnav, you were forced to marry him..'

Khushi looked at him astonished..
'Geet said everything to me, your friend Preto told her..'

'Yes, that's true but..'

' But what Khushi, why are you living a life of compromise..'

'you are taking it all wrong. .' She said very firmly.. After a pause she continued..