Don't Look In The Mirror, Look Into My Eyes

The morning after the party at Will's beach house, Georgia slowly opened her eyes in her own room, not entirely sure how she made it back home considering how much she drank. Georgia had been to parties before and she'd gotten drunk before. However, this time was different. This time she didn't have to worry about how much she might spend on alcohol, she didn't have to worry about people at school judging her for how she acted when intoxicated, and apparently she didn't have to worry about being sober enough to find a way once she wanted to leave. Georgia rolled over in bed, staring blankly up at the ceiling and trying to ignore how much her head was pounding. She could hear movement downstairs so obviously someone was already up and about, Georgia was just surprised to find out who it actually was.

She climbed out of bed and wrapped a dressing gown around her body, letting out a sigh before heading down the stairs and through the house towards the kitchen. Sat around the kitchen island and definitely not looking as bad as her was Connor, Will and Drew. Connor sat on the side closest to the backdoors, Drew sat on the far side so opposite where Georgia was standing, and Will stood on the opposite side to Connor. She looked at all of them, undoubtably looking like a complete mess.

"I suppose I have you guys to thank for getting me back here last night" said Georgia, barely keeping her eyes open.

"Drew was the one unlucky enough to almost trip over your body" replied Will, gesturing in Drew's direction. "The rest of us pretty much carried you back to the car."

"Well, thank you... I guess" said Georgia, slightly embarrassed.

"If you're currently hating yourself right now, don't" replied Will, smiling and walking closer. "You had a great time and clearly really enjoyed yourself. I mean, you did keep saying every five minutes you were having fun."

"From what I can remember, I had a marvelous time" said Georgia, trying to laugh but then putting a hand to her head. "God... I just wish the side effects of a good time weren't so painful."

"Well lucky for you I made you a hangover cure smoothie thing and out a couple paracetamol next to the glass" replied Connor, smiling and sliding a drink across the island. "We've all already had one and look how well we're doing."

"Thank you" said Georgia, not naive to the pair of them subtly fighting for her attention. She picked up the drink and tablets, quickly swallowing them. "That's actually really nice. I expected it to taste like shit... no offense."

"None taken" replied Connor, laughing. "One of the perks of picking sports as an A Level is learning about all the different ways of helping your body recover from trauma."

"I'd definitely call this a form of trauma" said Georgia, laughing as well but not missing Drew roll his eyes.

"Jesus Christ" groaned Joey as he walked into the kitchen, rubbing his head but smiling just the same. "What a night. Who else feels as crap as me?"

"Despite British people beginning their relationship with alcohol at an extremely young age, you two somehow overdid it last night" said Will, crossing his arms. "We're more used to drinking in large amounts because we can do it legally but you two had to get it in whilst you could."

"That probably explains why you don't have massive bags under your eyes and a headache that makes it seem as though you're just going to explode" replied Joey, sighing.

"That and the fact they've drank these things" said Georgia, displaying the smoothie to Joey.

"And where's mine then?" Questioned Joey, looking at his cousin and raising his eyebrows.

"Apologies, I will make you one now" responded Connor, holding his hands up as if he was surrendering.

"Forget it, I'm just going to hop in the sauna and sweat out the rest of the alcohol in my system" said Joey, sighing again before heading upstairs.