𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

Ch 9

Ch 9

You were hauled out of an area that resembled a rather old and 'Middle Ages' themed dungeon setting. The walls were all cracked concrete that was decorated in spaces with the excessive growth of moss, and the ground was a cobblestone path with gaps filled with dirty puddles of water and upheaved earth.

The Chaser had initially yanked you behind themself through the long halls of the chambers, but after growing tired of your constant screaming and the dragging of your feet against the ground, the silent character had scooped you off of the ground and resorted to carrying you.

The sound of Laughing Jack's continuous, spiraling laughter echoed through the walls of Sængurlegu, causing you to grow more and more apathetic towards the one who'd taken you. "I want to go back," You huff angrily at Chaser. Unfortunate for you, your simple demand was met with rigid silence. Chaser wasn't paying you any mind, and the aura you felt from them was strong enough to keep your mouth shut from then on.

A set of crumbled old cobblestone steps made its appearance at the end of the long walk through the hall. Chaser dragged you up these and you looked up to see a strange door barricading the very top. Apparently, it was a hatch, for the Chaser had quickly unlocked the clasp and pushed open the door, revealing a whole new area. Outside of the dungeon area, your eyes were greeted with with the dark night sky and a dome of trees surrounding the place. The moon shone in the sky through the tops of the trees, casting a pale glow upon both you and Chaser as the hooded vagrant pulled you out through the hatch.

"Where are we going?" You asked, the sound of your voice blatantly giving away your uneasiness. Once again, your words were met with a deliberate silence, and you were left feeling both angered by this and very afraid. Chaser began to carry you again, this time though the vast spread of trees that surrounded you. The further she carried you in, the more and more cramped the layout of the trees appeared to get, and you noticed that your surroundings were growing dark.

It was an instinct of yours to grab the nearest thing that felt like the slightest bit of protection, and in that moment, the protection was Chaser. You were in their hands, your very fate would be decided by whatever they would do with you. You had no other choice, and your small mind couldn't contemplate anything besides this bit. You wrap your arms around Chaser's neck and press the side of your face against their shoulder, aiming to attain even the slightest bit of security, even though you knew they were a figure that wasn't to be trusted. Chaser seemed only slightly thrown off by your gesture, but they continued forwards only releasing a small grunt, which told you nothing of how they felt about this.