𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

Ch 11

Ch 11

Your P.O.V

        You kicked your legs happily beneath the table as Mary came over with a big bowl of something smelling really good, and she carefully placed it before you on your mat. You grin as you looked into the bowl and see a brown liquid substance filled to the brim; it was soup. The heat from the soup arose and clasped your face in a warm hug, making you breathe in and heave a sigh of relaxation.

       Mary smiled at your face and placed a spoon beside your bowl, "You look ready to eat. Go ahead and dig in!"

        You didn't waste a second; you grabbed up the spoon and immediately shoveled a serving, desperate to wane the knawing hunger in your stomach. Mary watched you as you immediately recoiled from the heat, but the initial burn quickly faded and you were able to swallow the contents.

        You smiled and glanced at her, "It tastes so good!"

        She chuckled, "I'm so glad you think so, (Y/N), thank you! I don't want you to hurt yourself though, want me to put it to cool for you for a bit?"

        "Just a little bit," You nod your head, and Mary gently took the bowl back, carrying it to the kitchen. You decided to hop off your chair and skip after her, mostly because you were somehow drawn to her energy and all you wanted was to be near her. She made you feel safe. She made you feel happy and at home. For once in the past day, you had forgotten who a "Jeff" even was.

        Mary took your bowl of soup to the kitchen to leave it to cool down for you. You came up behind her and took the chance to look around the kitchen. The kitchen was decently sized, it held a long plywood counters with an attached sink and matching plywood cabinets. Warm colored welcoming curtains were draped along the back wall of the kitchen, making the space look more homely in contrast to being left barren and dull. The air in the kitchen smelled of vanilla, and you saw that a scented candle was burning atop the counter, making the place smell as cozy as it looked.