Chapter 15

I had fell asleep last night and somehow was under the bed covers with all my makeup off. The last thing I remembered was my small conversation with Charles what had occurred after I had told him I wasn't going on a drive with him. I rolled over and almost fell off the bed as I jumped back surprised as to who was next to me.

Charles was laid beside me asleep but he laid above the covers with all his clothes on still. He must of felt me jump as he woke up a couple of seconds after I sat up trying to figure out why he was still here. I looked at him with confusion plastered all over my face and he laughed in response as he opened his eyes properly, joining me in sitting up.

My head was pounding too much to even care about asking him why he was still here. However, he had a practice this morning so was it really smart that he was still in my room with two hours until it began. No.

"Charles..-"

Before I started my sentence he interrupted me straight away, hushing me with his finger that he had placed over my lips. He then began to speak himself. "First of all, I'm here because I didn't know if you had fallen asleep or passed out so I needed to make sure you stayed alive" he started, which explained the question I couldn't be bothered to ask him myself "second of all I bet your hungover, so come with me today. I'll drive you to the paddocks with me."

It was the easiest option so I agreed to going with him as the only other way would be a taxi or to walk, which didn't sound convenient right now as I had a pounding headache. As he said, I was hungover and it was a wine hangover, making it feel worse. I told him to leave so I could get ready but also because he needed to get ready himself as he was still in clothes from last night, as was I.

To make myself feel refreshed, I started by splashing cold water on my face to wake myself up. Then, I did my usual skin care routine, which I had missed out on yesterday due to how busy it had been and after this I felt like I at least looked better physically. As I was supporting Charles, I decided to put on the ferrari jacket, which was hung on the outside of the bathroom door before I sat on the bed to put my shoes on.

The lace of my left shoe was knotted, which added an extra ten minutes to me putting the pair on. I had to pull one side of the lace with my left hand whilst pulling the other side with my right in order to try and get a loop that I could get my finger through to untie the knot. Why did shoes have to be so complicated when I was in a rush. I finally got them untied and managed to get them on just before I heard who I assumed was Charles knock at my door to say it was time to go.

I felt a bit of deja vu as I sat in the passenger seat of his pista like I had done last weekend. Unlike our last drive, Charles wasn't able to drive at whatever speed he wanted to as we kept getting stuck behind other cars, which frustrates Charles as he knew he had to be at the circuit sooner rather than later. A few minutes passed until a ringing sound started coming through the speakers as the name lauren appeared on the screen in front of us.

Charles let it ring for a good minute until he decided to answer the call from his girlfriend. A squeal came through the speakers as lauren began speaking before Charles could even ask what she wanted.

"Babe, never guess what" she said, clearly excited about something as her voice was much higher than when I had heard her speak before. "I'm in Saudi" she squealed again.

This was a moment where I'd expect to see that wide smile of Charles' appear on his face but instead I noticed him roll his eyes. His fingers started to tap against the steering wheel as he bit the inside of his cheek. I diverted my eyes back to the road as I didn't want to seem like I was staring at him but it was unusual for him to act so awkward.

"I'm so glad" he said, clearly forcing the happy tone and smile, which had suddenly appeared on his face. "Are you here now?" he asked to which she answered yes. That meant I would have to put up with her in the garage again, which wasn't something I really wanted to deal with when I still had a headache. I mean he squealing was already too much.