Chapter 15: Race Day

Carlos started on pole but the pace of the Redbull was too much and P3 was the best finish they could achieve.

It's disappointing but was is still happy and content because he and the boys gave it their best.  Plus, Victoria and Lily were there with him.

When Carlos parked Gianna, his car, in front of Number 3 at parc ferme, the boys invited Victoria to join them in the stands. She has nothing to hide anymore, for all she knows, Lawrence Stroll might have dropped his father a message to tell him he saw her here. So she obliged and it was worth it. The moment Carlos saw her from the podium, he signed "fox is happy", she knew she made the right choice of opening her heart to him and taking this leap.

After the podium ceremony, she waited for Carlos to finish media work and his debrief session. She stayed with Anita and Lily and they watched the post race interviews from the TV with the other guests.

  She stayed with Anita and Lily and they watched the post race interviews from the TV with the other guests

***
Carlos came in the hospitality area after his post race sessions with Rupert. He just came off the ice bath, which he hates.

He immediately spotted Victoria with Anita and Lily. Lily has recently been fond of Rupert, who has a daughter around her age, so when she saw Rupert she asked to be carried and "flown" like an airplane.

Carlos gave Anita a hug and Victoria a quick kiss.

They all soon bid the people in the room goodbye before heading out. It was already late, the good thing was Anita and Victoria already had dinner while Lily just finished hers.

Heading out in a tinted alfa Romeo, Carlos drove, while Rupert sat in front. Anita, Lily, and Victoria sat at the back with blankets above their heads. Fans were waiting outside by the exit and Carlos waved them all goodbye.

***

When they arrived at the hotel, Anita said Lily can stay with her again so that Victoria can continue the conversation with Carlos.
The moment they entered their suite, Carlos hugged her from behind and started kissing her neck.

Victoria felt like her heart will beat out of her chest.

"I've missed you." His voice was so low, so filled with love.

Carlos faces her and presses his forehead to hers, caressing her cheeks with the back of his hand and she feels more at peace than she did the night before.

"We've been together for the past three days and you still miss me?" she whispered to remind him while wrapping her arms around his neck.

"But not like this" he wraps his arms around her waist as he plants a deep kiss to her welcoming mouth.

"Te amo, Victoria. Te amo. You have no idea how happy you make me" he replies while kissing  her ear and biting her earlobe. He lifts her up and carries her to bed.