Chapter 19: Flat Out

Four Months LATER
Abu Dhabi

It has been four months since Victoria left for London. That was the last time he was able to touch her and speak to her. But so far,  their plan seems to be working. 

This is the final race of the season. Carlos is running second in the driver's championship. He needs to win this race to be World Champion.

There is too much pressure but all he could think about was winning this race and finally having the pressure off his back. He just wants to focus on getting Victoria and Lily back into his life.

He arrived in Abu Dhabi on Wednesday and preparations are underway for media day. Mindi is very busy because the past week, Victoria was in the cover of Vogue and was interviewed in a Greek TV show.

"There might be questions about Victoria today because of the Vogue cover, so be ready. " Mindi says as she scrolls through her iPad. She zooms in on one photo of Victoria, in a full white suit, her cleavage exposed, her chilli necklace stands out in the all white ensemble. She flips the photo to show it to Carlos.

"She's so beautiful here." Mindi exclaims while staring at the photo.

"She is always beautiful. Although I would prefer if she wore something inside the suit." Carlos responds

"Why? I think it's okay

"Why? I think it's okay. Not too much. I know you miss her and from the article, she misses you, too. I hope you lovebirds can be together already." Mindi sighs as she turns her iPad off.

Carlos read the article twice since he Anita sent him a copy last week. He has has made it a habit to search for Victoria's name every night to see if she has messages for him. But the Vogue article was just what he needed for Abu Dhabi. She knew the timing of the release and her message warms his heart.

Vogue: we can't help but notice the beautiful necklace, it's a chilli right? Does it have anything to do with your boyfriend, Carlos Sainz, having the nickname Chilli on the race track? 
Victoria: why, thank you. Yes, it's a gift from Carlos and it's really special. With our busy schedules, I really miss him everyday and wearing something from him makes me feel secure that he is with me.
Vogue: Do you get to see him race and does he get a chance to join you in red carpets?
Victoria: yes, my daughter and I have joined him in a few races and hopefully I get to watch him win by the end of this season. I only started with Latsis again just a few months ago and Carlos is busy with the races so there's really not much time to go to events together but maybe in the future. Maybe we can even do a cover for Vogue.

"Oh my God, Victoria. I really hope you can come to watch this race." He says to himself. He didn't want to get his hopes up but he does pray that Victoria will get to see him race and win the Championship.

The past few months were so difficult because he misses Victoria and being able to talk to her after a long day. He misses receiving photos and messages from her. To help him cope, he focused on training and doing his best to win the races.