2: Assessed

"A Quirk Assessment test?"

The class spoke, almost in unison as Mr. Aizawa announced what we would be doing. I looked to the boys at my side.

"Doesn't he already know our Quirks, though?" Kaminari whispered. Kirishima and I shrugged in response.

"UA doesn't do traditions," the instructor said blandly. "So that means I can run my class however I see fit."

He pulled out a phone-like device from his pocket, showing a screen to the group. I narrowed my eyes, trying to see what it was. It seemed to be some sort of report or summary, but the contents of the image were unreadable from this distance.

"You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives, but you've never been able to use your Quirks in physical exams before," he lowered the device, putting it back in his pocket. "The world is still trying to pretend we're all created equal by not letting those with the most power excel. It's not rational."

A wave fell over the crowd of students. Some felt it was unease, others felt a rush of confidence. Scanning the faces of those around you, it was easy to see who felt what. The malicious grin on Bakugo's face oozed confidence, while Midoriya's quivering lip and weak stance clearly displayed his anxiety.

"One day, the Ministry of Education will learn," Mr. Aizawa's gaze shifted to Bakugo, next to Kaminari. "Bakugo. You managed to get the most points in the entrance exam. What was your farthest throw with a softball in middle school?"

"Somewhere around 67 meters (~220 ft)," he replied, not shaken by being put on the spot.

"Right," the teacher nodded before throwing a softball at the boy. He caught it with ease. "Now try doing it with your Quirk. Anything goes, just stay in that circle."

Bakugo walked over to the circle that Mr. Aizawa indicated, at the point of a large triangle. The large, dirt field we were standing on had painted marks along it.

"Come on," Mr. Aizawa grumbled. "You're wasting our time."

"Alright, old man, you asked for it," he grinned, stretching his arm out briefly before getting into a wide stance.

"Oh, I'm so excited!" I hummed to the redhead beside me. "I hope his Quirk is as cool as you say!"

"It totally is- trust me, dude!"

"Die!" He shouted as he swung his arm forward with full force. A large, bright explosion elicited from his hands. It propelled the ball at an alarming speed, sending it flying beyond where any of us could see. Rings of smoke followed its trajectory upward, forming around the fiery trail that the ball left behind it.

"All of you need to know your maximum capabilities," Mr. Aizawa said as he turned around, facing the class. The device he was holding beeped, and he showed it to the group.

705.2 meters (~2314 ft).

"It's the most rational way of figuring out your potential as a pro hero."

"Way to go, Baku-bro!" Kirishima cheered.

I gasped, "Wow! Your Quirk really is so cool!"

"705 meters? Are you kidding me?" Kaminari laughed. "I could never beat that!"

"Eek!" Mina cheered, clasping her hands together. "I wanna go! That looks like fun!"

"This is what I'm talking about!" Grinned a tall, lanky boy with black hair. "Using our Quirks as much as we want!"

"So this looks fun, huh?" Mr. Aizawa interrupted our chatter. "You have three years here to become a hero- you think it's going to be all games and play time?"