4; Encounter

"How dare you."

I snarled as I stood up, turning toward Bakugo. He was staring down at Midoriya in disbelief. I stood in front of him, fists and teeth clenched in seething anger. He shakily moved his eyes toward me.

"I completely changed course to a lacklustre, unthought-out plan that minimized both of our effectiveness just to ensure that we were working as a team. I should have completely ignored you and continued with my plan, but I was following the guidelines of the challenge- working together! And, oh- I don't know- I was actually trying to help you. Maybe if you had actually listened to me when I was formulating a plan and provided any valuable feedback, we would have won! But no!" I took a dangerous step toward him, and he staggered backward. "You completely disregard all of my thoughts about the situation, you treat me as second-class by expecting me to support you, and you send me away the second that you I'm 'in your way!' That's not even mentioning the fact that you attacked me! Twice!"

I scoffed pressing my hand against my forehead and laughing in disbelief. "And even then! Even then, I still worked for the team. I went out after Uraraka instead of ripping you a new one- like you deserved! If I had taken you out right then and there, we would have won the exercise! Instead, I treated you as an equal and trusted that you would do your job! And you couldn't even do that! You know, if you had engaged with me before the exercise started, I would have let you know that I have crippling motion sickness! When the ground shakes, I go down! Maybe then you would have known to be careful with your explosions and made sure that both of us were working to the best of our ability. Although, knowing you, I doubt you would have! You completely ignored me, did whatever you wanted, and not only nearly killed our classmate, but detrimentally affected me- your teammate- in the process!"

"I was just..." He mumbled, his teeth suddenly clenching and eyebrows furrowing. "I had to beat Deku... he's just a bug... a bug that I can crush beneath my-"

I backhanded him across the cheek. His entire face relaxed, including his jaw as his mouth dropped open. I glared at him while his gaze stayed fixated to the side in pure shock.

"You almost killed him. I don't even know if that last attack was you, but you know what? I don't even care. I fell five stories and couldn't do anything about it. I could have died. Midoriya could have died," I got right in his face. He stared down at me, once again, in disbelief. This time, he didn't say anything. "How do you expect to become a hero when every action you took today was one of a personal-grudge-driven villain? You will never progress if you continue to be motivated by the egotistical goal of simply being better than everyone else- because, guess what? You're not. Today only proved that. You may have been praised all your life for your skill and that flashy Quirk of yours, but you're with people who are just as good as- and better than- you. You're going to have to learn, you childish brat."

I scoffed, turning around and going back to Midoriya's side.

All Might entered the room through the gaping hole in the wall, two small robots holding a stretcher following dutifully behind him. They crouched beside Midoriya, then picked him up and placed him on the stretcher. They began rolling out of the room.

"(Y/N), (Y/N)!" I turned around, finding Uraraka hurrying down the stairs. She hurried up to me, "Are you okay?! You fell so far! I-I didn't know what to do, I couldn't... I was so focused on getting the weapon, I didn't even-"

"I'm okay," I dismissed, standing up and watching carefully as Midoriya was pulled away. My eyes stayed fixated on his decrepit body as it retreated.

"You're bleeding..." She mumbled, looking worriedly up at me. I swiped the blood off the side of my forehead, then waved my hand dismissively.